Tall tales.

I love listening to the yee har guys on the Cb who tell such wild and blatant lies about stuff they actually know nothing about :laughing:
Example : Monday night as I hauled ■■■ along I-95 in CT I passed exit 40 in Milford, where the Pilot hell hole is to hear some ‘expert’ spinning tales of his vast experience to a lady driver who mentioned she used elogs “Ya cun keep them thar electric logs, there’s a guy locked in a cell up in Maine cuz his log ran out of hours and the truck juss stopped dead, the wheels locked up and he jacknifed killing two others”
I interviened “BS driver, that would never happen” he argued his way so much I just stopped replying to the crap, pulled into that new service area for some ‘Sbarro’ grub and heard him telling her about a Mexican driver ata DOT check who couldn’t speak English “That there cop took his licence and cut it up right there and then” … more BS FFS.
How stupid do these hicks think we are ?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Same the world over Pat, in the UK you’ve got the ‘chalk marks on the tyres of the lorry and the two bays coned either side’ mob, over here there’s a different story, but it’s all the same, just BS coming from the mouths of total retards :unamused:

I always pull them up on it, especially the ones that claim to turn off reefers, a bone of contention for me, being a reefer driver for many years. I reckon if all the drivers that claim to turn off reefers actually did it then the trucking companies would have to fit locked doors over the controls, the insurance companies and manufacturers of the stuff that needs keeping cold would insist on it to avoid their products being destroyed, and yet no such thing exists :bulb:

Funnily enough, I went into the office from being a driver at a company with over 100 lorries, I used to hear the loudmouths saying how they had told ‘that ■■■■ in the office to poke it up his arse’ blah blah blah, yet when I was the ■■■■ in the office, I never heard a peep out of them, well not in that way, I used to hear plenty from them as they were the biggest bunch of brown nosing grasses I’ve ever come accross, always on the phone telling me what everyone else was doing, they were also the ones that were most likely to ■■■■ a job up, BOCs :unamused:

The speak English thing has an origin of sorts though :wink:

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Manuel Castillo was driving a truck through Alabama hauling onions and left with a $500 ticket for something he didn’t think he was doing: speaking English poorly.

msnbc.msn.com/id/25716031/ns … Lk_xeSa2A8

answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 623AAkdS3O

Seems to be a common “story” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have heard of the speaking English thing many times, FedEx have a bad CSA score, mainly from violations with driver’s licences and lack of English speaking drivers, they have a lot of Chicago based Russians and they’re the problem for them. The same thing applies to NY and PA with the Russians and the CA based companies use a lot of Mexican and Oriental drivers with poor English, AZ, NM, CO and TX have a lot of Spanish speaking drivers and then you have the redneck idiots who cannot be understood by anybody at all :open_mouth:

It is handy to have a few phrases in Russian. It helps get rid of people hitting on you for a hand-out at truckstops.
I just say
“Da, Lev Yashin Brezhnev Rebrof Shevchenko.”
Which roughly translates to,
“Yes, Old goalkeeper, big eye-browed leader, half-decent strike partnership.”
Works every time.

I know DOT and other cops here have a problem with non English speaking drivers but no cop would ever just cut an official licence up, that cop would end up in the dock himself for defacing a legal document.

ChrisArbon:
It is handy to have a few phrases in Russian. It helps get rid of people hitting on you for a hand-out at truckstops.
I just say
“Da, Lev Yashin Brezhnev Rebrof Shevchenko.”
Which roughly translates to,
“Yes, Old goalkeeper, big eye-browed leader, half-decent strike partnership.”
Works every time.

You ever done Russian work chris. :smiley:

No, KR, I’ve not done Russia, but if I here all those tales of the CCCP one more time; I 'll know them well enough to make them my own.

Join the club :smiley:

newmercman:
I have heard of the speaking English thing many times, FedEx have a bad CSA score, mainly from violations with driver’s licences and lack of English speaking drivers, they have a lot of Chicago based Russians and they’re the problem for them. The same thing applies to NY and PA with the Russians and the CA based companies use a lot of Mexican and Oriental drivers with poor English, AZ, NM, CO and TX have a lot of Spanish speaking drivers and then you have the redneck idiots who cannot be understood by anybody at all :open_mouth:

Funny you should mention Fed ups :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

foxnews.com/us/2012/11/28/fe … suit-says/

kr79:
Join the club :smiley:

Am I that boring Kev?

ChrisArbon:
No, KR, I’ve not done Russia, but if I here all those tales of the CCCP one more time; I 'll know them well enough to make them my own.

I shall keep My tales to Myself in future then :grimacing:

You are always good value for a conversation John

Russia…
I applied for a ‘Summer’ job on the Russian Ice Roads as a pot-hole filler :open_mouth: (see end of video)
I’m the 2nd pixel on the left! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

contractdriver:
Russia…
I applied for a ‘Summer’ job on the Russian Ice Roads as a pot-hole filler :open_mouth: (see end of video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIDtwhLs5_0

If only they were carrying chainsaws.

mickfly:

contractdriver:
Russia…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIDtwhLs5_0

If only they were carrying chainsaws.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s no good me gooin there spakein Black Country then… :smiley:

newmercman:

Pat Hasler:
I love listening to the yee har guys on the Cb who tell such wild and blatant lies about stuff they actually know nothing about :laughing:
Example : Monday night as I hauled ■■■ along I-95 in CT I passed exit 40 in Milford, where the Pilot hell hole is to hear some ‘expert’ spinning tales of his vast experience to a lady driver who mentioned she used elogs “Ya cun keep them thar electric logs, there’s a guy locked in a cell up in Maine cuz his log ran out of hours and the truck juss stopped dead, the wheels locked up and he jacknifed killing two others”
I interviened “BS driver, that would never happen” he argued his way so much I just stopped replying to the crap, pulled into that new service area for some ‘Sbarro’ grub and heard him telling her about a Mexican driver ata DOT check who couldn’t speak English “That there cop took his licence and cut it up right there and then” … more BS FFS.
How stupid do these hicks think we are ?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thats the biggest tall tale I’ve heard!!!

Pat up and working at midnight :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: