talking

cliffton 27:
its the same when sat in waiting rooms at rdc etc u only ever seem to get the one spouting bs about how great he is n how crap everyone else is or telling you the best way to run his bosses firm :unamused: its no wonder we dont talk to one another these days me personally will gladly have a chat with anyone about anything tv/sport/cars etc il even go mad and offer em a brew from the machine somethimes :wink:

I sort of agree, I donā€™t mind chatting to another driver but Iā€™m always afraid that the one I get chatting to is one of those types who talks non stop ball for an hour, thatā€™s why I tend to keep myself to myself cos I donā€™t want to take a chance,

bald bloke:

cliffton 27:
its the same when sat in waiting rooms at rdc etc u only ever seem to get the one spouting bs about how great he is n how crap everyone else is or telling you the best way to run his bosses firm :unamused: its no wonder we dont talk to one another these days me personally will gladly have a chat with anyone about anything tv/sport/cars etc il even go mad and offer em a brew from the machine somethimes :wink:

I sort of agree, I donā€™t mind chatting to another driver but Iā€™m always afraid that the one I get chatting to is one of those types who talks non stop ball for an hour, thatā€™s why I tend to keep myself to myself cos I donā€™t want to take a chance,

its the fear factor :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cliffton 27:

bald bloke:

cliffton 27:

its the fear factor :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

with me bein fairly new on class 1 i find i have a bit to talk mainly picking up tips on various things / places and on the whole most people are very helpful you do get the obvious smart arse much like on here :wink:

Isnā€™t it wierd that we all have the fear of bs so have that built in bs detectorā€¦

Last thing you want to hear when parked is someone spouting on song & verse about bloody workā€¦

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.262045,-0.944420

Photoman1:
Isnā€™t it wierd that we all have the fear of bs so have that built in bs detectorā€¦

Last thing you want to hear when parked is someone spouting on song & verse about bloody workā€¦

And yet we are all on here reading and spouting about work. We are a fickle bunch. :slight_smile:

Coffeeholic:

Photoman1:

And yet we are all on here reading and spouting about work. We are a fickle bunch. :slight_smile:

one of your best posts!!!

Iā€™d rather have my own company than have a chat with the 2 morons chatting together in Amazon at 6.30 this morning. Never heard so much crap in all my life.

i had 2 hrs chatting about fishing this morning,never been intrested but he tol me about his trip to spain trying to catch wales catfish[think that was name/country],found it very intresting,i must admit i love a chin wag,cant beat listening to the stories old hands have to tell about the old times :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dragline drivers are to be avoided at quarries, although strictly speaking, draglines are getting rare but the war stories continueā€¦

An old Shap bloke called Arthur Middleton told me that sleeper cabs killed all the fun in lorry drivingā€¦

The Internet hadnā€™t been invented when he told me that though.

W

Sometimes when you enter an Rdc waiting room Itā€™s something like a scene in the Pink Panther film when they are all weighing each other up in a lift .

because most are anti sochail sods is the answer and i feel a lot of it comes down to the fear of you might get robbed etc .

older genaration used to pull up and have few tinnys with anyone a chat and BBQ all before tvs and wirless internet .

i talk to mainly oder genaration i find as you can learn lot from them also they love a good old natter , the kind of drivers you want to be parked up with not some fool thats going to ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  your curtains in night to steal your load .

standing together :unamused: just dont happen anymore bloody shame some of these is what made the job good now half idiots you talk to just want to chat cr@p and tell you they done better .

when another driver wouldnt think twice about giving you a hand stripping down a bloody tilt but now they wouldnt help if you paid them .

not biased or nothing but i do find the irish boys will always give you helping hand .

everyone in rdc waiting rooms very rare anyone will talk it makes the job drag