Taking the plunge

All being well I should be up and running on the 16th January 2011. It’s been on the back burner for some time now but at the end of November I got wind that the bloke I drive a grab for is pulling out of Brighouse and moving his lads to Stoke. Didn’t fancy either digs or travelling every day.

I approached the project Manager at Brighouse who was very supportive, got permission to park and a couple of days a week for the direct gangs. 2 others direct service providers (DSP’s or subbies) need a grab 2 or 3 days a week, so should have plenty of work to keep it going.

I have sorted terms from 2 weeks to one customer paying 1 week up front bond to ensure he gets priority.

Having failed in the haulage game once back in 1996 I’ve made sure this time that all is in place for a successful business. It was cash flow that got me last time, 90 days is no good.

I have a 57 reg Merc 8 wheeler with Atlas crane being delivered on the 14th (just renting for a start) so it’s just my o licence I’m waiting for.

so hoping for a good new year

Good Luck Marlow :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Yes good luck and welcome back mate.

best of luck mate

Good luck Marlow and a Merry Christmas to you and especially a PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

Hi marlow,

That sounds like a good plan, and I’d like to wish you all the best. :smiley:

nice to see some positive comments for a change, hope it goes well for you mate

thanks lads means so much. x

O licence should be through 1 week before might be in on road w/c 10.1.2011

Best of luck mate. From what you’ve put on here (and from what you’ve said on the phone) it sounds like you should be onto a winner.

Paul

All the best & wishing you every success Marlow & lets hope the ground thaws by then!!! :smiley:

Fly sheet

Good luck mate, wishing you all the best for a successful venture. 60 & 90-day payment crap finishes every poor sod who is ever subjected to it.

All the best in your new venture mate hope all goes well for you.

Scannyfanny:
60 & 90-day payment crap finishes every poor sod who is ever subjected to it.

I appreciate it’s been said many times before, but what would Sainsbury’s, Asda etc say if you walked out of their store each week with £2,500’s worth of groceries and said, “don’t worry, I’ll send you a cheque in 3 months”■■? & make sure you itemise everything in correct date order or you’ll get the invoice back and it’ll be another month before you get paid 'cos we only do a ‘cheque roll’ on the 14th of each month!!!

I ‘pulled’ for Gondrand for a year or so in the late 90’s on 60 days month end, when I pulled off it went straight to 90!!

Ross.

Good luck mate hope it all works out for you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

bigr250:

Scannyfanny:
60 & 90-day payment crap finishes every poor sod who is ever subjected to it.

I appreciate it’s been said many times before, but what would Sainsbury’s, Asda etc say if you walked out of their store each week with £2,500’s worth of groceries and said, “don’t worry, I’ll send you a cheque in 3 months”■■? & make sure you itemise everything in correct date order or you’ll get the invoice back and it’ll be another month before you get paid 'cos we only do a ‘cheque roll’ on the 14th of each month!!!

agreed, yet the supermarkets are some the worst culprits when it comes to paying their suppliers :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: