Taken off-line for so long?

Could be right, I was sure there was a '24 thread live but perhaps not.

It’s been offline so long no one has created it in 35 days! They usually got updated within 35 minutes of the news being realsed

Did you get onto the ex-discourse ghost site? Was it on there? Or maybe it was created in the few days of Jan when this site was in the process of being removed? I certainly dont know. Agree about about email notifications being -mostly- noise. Im replying quickly at the moment because I am meant to be doing some accounts work…and well…easily distracted.

I’ll try to answer some of the comments made so far…

To avoid confusion, I’ll use the ‘old’ TN and the ‘new’ TN as references.

This is my (non-techy) way of explaining my understanding of where we’re at.

The ‘old’ TN was taken offline for the purpose of doing data cuts, the reason for this is the sheer size of the ‘old’ TN being circa 300Gb. One of the first things that the I.T. guys realised was that the 'old TN needed to be slimmed down to fit the allocated space on the new server.

Then we had the Christmas and New Year breaks, so I got permission to reactivete the ‘old’ TN for over the holidays.

As has been rightly pointed out, the whole TN has been offline for a far longer period for the migration than was initially planned, for which we can only apologise.

So if the forum database size was 300gb can we ask how much it has now been slimmed down by?

Just put a post up on another thread about the new site…fcked if I can even find it.

Too fiddly and complicated for me I think, not because I’m thick, more because I dont have a lot of patience.

I reckon this is the kiss of death for Trucknet, which is a crying shame as I used to enjoy it.

Those who can be arsed with this sort of stuff and/or who are on the ball and tech savvy will be the only ones who will continue to use it I reckon, the rest of us (dare I say the majority) will sadly go forth and multiply.
Shame.

1 Like

It’s in the “can I assume” thread in the professional drivers forum.

You can see your recent posts by going to your profile picture top left, and clicking “activity”.

The swearing sensor has not been activated. (took out the jokey swearing myself to save whoever is moderating the hassle of manually removing it)

Neither has the friends/foe thing come across - got to do it again.

More than 8 emojis :heavy_equals_sign: :+1:

Nice to see everyone finally coming out of enforced hibernation :smile: :wave:

Franglais, you should start a thread with tutorials on the new features. I have had a little explore on my pc and managed to put a profile pic up :clap: As is often the case with these things, it’s so much easier to get used to it on a big screen rather than a phone screen.

Dave is going though sorting out the swear words. He corrected one of my posts where i had replied to someone didn’t realise the word used was a swear word

It really is a step back in time, I must get used to the smoke when I start it up, I haven’t a clue where anything is, has everything that was here before just disappeared.

This site is now impossible to use. It used to be so user friendly, the layout is awful, you cannot find anything now. You used to be able to click on a thread and find the page you were looking for, not any more. Bring back the old format. I am not computer illiterate, but this really is impossible to use. What a shame, used to be a great site. If you can’t fix it- it’s dead as nobody will use it.

Well I’ve made it back I used to be Beefy4605 but the email I used to sign up isn’t working anymore so I had to come back with a new name . I’m not sure I like this but it may be that it will take time to adjust to the new platform .

Sorry, but I am no from of expert/whizz/whatever only stumbling along trying things out. You have found out more about the emojis than I…so…teacher?
I have however discovered that is quite difficult to break the internet, no matter what I try.

IMHO it’s a disaster. I’m 85 years old, reasonably intelligent, but the change I’m afraid is too much for me, it’s sheer luck that I’ve got this far. I’ll have another look in in a couple of weeks to see if there are any changes.

grumpy old man

You are right a good user friendly site for the peasants & below has been ruined.

I’m guessing this new format is meant to be more mobile phone friendly ? ■■■■ mobiles and ■■■■ the tik tok generation…now where’s my Nokia 3210? I need to compose a new ring tone

The problem is change happens one way or another and lots of people do not like change.

But give it a chance, as for design I’m not overly fussed what it looks like, but it does to me seem to be a better forum software. And hopefully in time people will grow to like it as much.

If not we’ll I don’t know what to say, I know it’s difficult for change when your of certain ages, and I’m not exactly a youngster, but I have a stepdad who is getting on in years and a mum that isn’t that far behind him. They both hate things being changed but things do change and you have to change or get left behind I’m afraid. Same with internet banking or websites or anything else things change often for the better while it might not seem like it at the time.

Autosensor would appear to be a feature they didn’t bring across!

Yes it is the process of being sorted for auto censor apparently along with other things that have translated across.

Well, I’ve finally got in and I’ve got to say that sadly my initial assessment is the same, it’s a disaster, after much ‘fiddling’ I think I’ve now got 3 accounts :rofl:. I’ll stick with it and TRY to navigate the site bit by bit, I’ve seen diesel daves post and I sympathise with his predicament, he’s trying to do a thankless job.
Love from:-
grumpy old man
victor2
grumpy_old_man

Take your pick :laughing:

That is impressive, but I think the old site some people had 10 or more accounts…!!