Take away coffee . . .

Starbucks Latte, a grande with 4 little brown sugar sachets, bit pricey, but worth every penny. Their lemon raspberry cake is a bit nice too :wink:

Used to like the Coffee Nation too, the large will fit in a medium cup, which ■■■■■■ me off a bit, if I’m paying for a large coffee, I want a large coffee, it’s about the volume, I don’t want a medium coffee, even if it is really a large and I’m having a ‘result’ by squeezing it into a medium cup. They ain’t exactly cheap, so to be ripping everyone off with half filled cups is a liberty, which is why I used to drink them in the shop while I read Nuts or T&D, they try and ■■■■ me over, I get even :laughing:

I am thinking about taking one of those Espresso Machines with me, I added up what I spend on Coffee a year and it runs into thousands, it’s more expensive than smoking :cry:

Anyone got any opinions/experience with those coffee machines you see for sale in truckstops/services for trucks■■?

I too am spending far too much on costas/coffee nations so to get one of these that works reasonably well would be a bonus :slight_smile:

robroy:

altitude:

rob22888:
Believe it or not, McDonalds do good takeaway coffee.

Same as that.

And it’s cheaper than Costa, and better, and every 6 cups you get 1 free.

Your right there mate. :smiley:

not a chance of having a coffee from a uk service station.
but an italian espresso, now your talking.
i had 3 one night when i was one hitting it towards the italian/slovenian border. i ended up rattling like a smack head going cold turkey.
(a very long time ago of course :wink: )

RIPPER:
Anyone got any opinions/experience with those coffee machines you see for sale in truckstops/services for trucks■■?

I too am spending far too much on costas/coffee nations so to get one of these that works reasonably well would be a bonus :slight_smile:

I’ve had one for last 15yrs or so and they are ok if you like the more bitter filter/ground coffee taste, I got to the stage where I got sick of it and if I drank too much it gave me indegestion, I now prefer the lighter latte taste, trouble is I’ve got addicted to it and I spend a fortune, so next thing is stop and boil up my milk in microwave.

thelorryist:
From garage forecourts etc the costa express machines are not too bad. Vanilla latte is really nice.

Simply delightful - the taste of the Costa vanilla Latte…

Flask for me…Costa, Starbucks etc is OK but 3 times the price it should be and I won’t be ripped off. MacD’s coffee is only thing I would consume from there. :sunglasses:

Nope, i don’t want to buy shares in the place i only want a coffee.

They’ve all priced themselves out of my business, so flask of hot water and i make me own tea en route.

The new Kenco Milicano is delicious. You can buy it in sachets. LOVELY

bigvern1:

Washed down with a nice pot noodle .

Oh yeah…Heaven from a single kettle! :wink:

Nescafe 3 in 1’s are GREAT cant fault them so cheap too , how come all you drivers can pay that much for MSA brands bovril for me beats coffee all day long , got tea,coffee,bovrill, all in ones cant fault them , stops milk going off anyways an yes no milk in bovrill , yes i like to change me hot drinks ,

Just to add to this, I use the moto iPhone app cause sometimes you can get £1 off, BOGOF, or 20% off etc. also if you eat at MSAs you get discounts on food etc.

Was in Blythe the other week and you could tell all the drivers from the public.

“hiya love can I have a small latte, oh and I have this too… BOGOF voucher on me iPhone”

Two nice cups of coffe for £2 odd… Result

limeyphil:
i had 3 one night when i was one hitting it towards the italian/slovenian border. i ended up rattling like a smack head going cold turkey.

:slight_smile: remember mate drank 6cans of XXL red bull he said he was shaking like a smack head going thru cold turkey stage :slight_smile: shame no one did a video :smiley:

Legend_Scania:

limeyphil:

:slight_smile: remember mate drank 6cans of XXL red bull he said he was shaking like a smack head going thru cold turkey stage :slight_smile: shame no one did a video :smiley:

After 6 xxl red bull I would be more concerned with what was due to come out of my back passage. Not shaking like a smack head.

thelorryist:

Legend_Scania:

limeyphil:

After 6 xxl red bull I would be more concerned with what was due to come out of my back passage. Not shaking like a smack head.

Shaking like a ■■■■■■■■ dog would be more likely after 6 red bull. People have died after that amount :open_mouth:

Kenco Costa Rican in the cab, and I usually get a freebie latte from Matthew Algie’s in Glasgow that I deliver to almost every day. They roast their own coffee beans and supply M+S coffee shops and Sainsbury’s Cafe’s. Their coffee beats Costa/Starbucks etc every time IMO.

Kettle & Carte Noire Instinct whole bean instant - cheaper than all the above and just as good.

bigvern1:

This ^^^

Or Nescafe Black
Then Macdonalds if have to buy

If go to services ask for a cup of hot water take back pour in own cup with own coffee in much cheaper as hot water cost nowt :laughing: :laughing:

gardun:
Kettle & Carte Noire Instinct whole bean instant - cheaper than all the above and just as good.

Bigvern1:

That too :laughing: :laughing: