Take a break ?

hal56:
I think i am right in saying that ,if VOSA or anyone else including your employer, removes anything from your bank account without your consent that is THEFT. And if your employer gives your personal details out to anyone else they will be in breach of your civil rights.I think it will also be covered by the Data Protection Act.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When I was a kid I thought Santa really did come down the chimney at Christmas. It took a while but I did eventually learn not to believe everything I was told.

Sometime after that, I began to understand what a joke was - even though I didn’t always find them funny.

I’m glad I moved on to understand other words like ironic, satire, sarcasm, reverse psychology, etc.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

paul@midway:

Coffeeholic:
Mind you, you could be onto something here Mike, I was informed by a driver the other day that you can’t take 15 minutes under the new regs and if you do VOSA will fine you. :unamused: :smiley: :smiley:

They will automatically fine you soon , VOSA are getting your bank details from your employer, entering them onto a database so as soon as any infringements are detected when your card is downloaded the fine comes out of your bank account there and then £ 50 an infringement they reckon .

Spot on Paul. Didn’t you know that is why there is a printer in a digi tacho. the VOSA officer puts their card in it and it will immediately print out the offences and fines. You have to pay them on the spot and the print out is your receipt.

It’s true I tell you. Well, that’s what My Mate Told Me anyway. :wink:

If I get delayed at a delivery point I put the tacho in break mode (as long as I,m free to put my feet up). this gives me more flexability as to where I can take a proper break later where I want to, works ok as long as your employer does not pay you only
for hours worked and not for your breaks!

this is exactly the reason i carry a copy of the regs in my car. i have the WTD regs and the latest driving regs and they are both from official sites so they cant argue when i present the docs in black and white :sunglasses:

Coffeeholic:

paul@midway:

Coffeeholic:
Mind you, you could be onto something here Mike, I was informed by a driver the other day that you can’t take 15 minutes under the new regs and if you do VOSA will fine you. :unamused: :smiley: :smiley:

They will automatically fine you soon , VOSA are getting your bank details from your employer, entering them onto a database so as soon as any infringements are detected when your card is downloaded the fine comes out of your bank account there and then £ 50 an infringement they reckon .

Spot on Paul. Didn’t you know that is why there is a printer in a digi tacho. the VOSA officer puts their card in it and it will immediately print out the offences and fines. You have to pay them on the spot and the print out is your receipt.

Sorry Neil but MY mate told me that the digi tacho was concieved to make it easier to collect fines. Apparently when the above happens the VOSA man makes you take your Digi card out and put your credit / debit card in to pay the fine. Didn’t anyone tell you they are chip and pin friendly. Don’t suppose you know how to put your pin number in do you :question: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

marcustandy:

Coffeeholic:
I bet they would tell you you need a 30 minute break before exceeding 6 hours work as well,

Not because I am questioning it but because I don’t appear to have bookmarked it when it has been mentioned before . . . . . . . but do you have a link to an ‘official’ site/explanation that I can utilise for future reference? (please!) :confused:

Something I just found tonight and would be well worth bookmarking as well.

dft.gov.uk/pgr/freight/road/ … meguidance

Section 5.4, example 5 is the good one. :wink: :smiley:

Ah well, it looks like being right has cost me going back in there. No one has told me direct yet, i’ll ask on Monday. After waiting in there for half an hour this morning with another regular agency guy, he was told he would have to wait as his truck was in the garage having a rear light lense fitted, ironic hey? Just after i was told i could go home as there was no work for me, agency reckon i will get paid, wait and see. On rigids tommorrow which i enjoy, new customer which i enjoy even more.

montana man:

Coffeeholic:

paul@midway:

Coffeeholic:

Sorry Neil but MY mate told me that the digi tacho was concieved to make it easier to collect fines. Apparently when the above happens the VOSA man makes you take your Digi card out and put your credit / debit card in to pay the fine. Didn’t anyone tell you they are chip and pin friendly. Don’t suppose you know how to put your pin number in do you :question: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

I could give you my PIN number and you can try it if you like. :wink: :smiley: I’m too busy putting my digi card in my Sky box to get free Box Office Movies. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

scanny77:
this is exactly the reason i carry a copy of the regs in my car. i have the WTD regs and the latest driving regs and they are both from official sites so they cant argue when i present the docs in black and white :sunglasses:

Slightly ironic, given the fact you don’t seem to have read the WTD one. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Sorry scanny, I couldn’t resist that one.

Coffeeholic:

scanny77:
Sorry scanny, I couldn’t resist that one.

I was going to say, hey! Someones on form tonight !! But, then, when are you not :smiley:

It’s all down to the medication. :wink:

Coffee said;

I’m too busy putting my digi card in my Sky box to get free Box Office Movies

So that’s what i’m supposed to do with this thing then? So far all I’ve got for my £38 is the chance to watch people 'photocopy it!

Tony1968:
Coffee said;

So that’s what i’m supposed to do with this thing then? So far all I’ve got for my £38 is the chance to watch people 'photocopy it!

why are peope photocopying it :question: :question: :question:

there is absolutely no requirement or reason for anyone to photocopy your digicard

scanny77:

Tony1968:
Coffee said;

why are peope photocopying it :question: :question: :question:

there is absolutely no requirement or reason for anyone to photocopy your digicard

I don’t like your attitude Rich, it looks better if they photocopy it !!! :smiley:

lucky you. the only improvement i get is when its turned over :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike- I assume you were told eaxctly when you would be finished tipping to be able to use that time as POA :wink:.

He didn’t need to be told if he could make a reasoned and reasonable assumption based on past experience. Handball box = invariably a bloody long time. Job done.

Great these rule things, eh? :wink:

Lucy:
He didn’t need to be told if he could make a reasoned and reasonable assumption based on past experience. Handball box = invariably a bloody long time. Job done.

Great these rule things, eh? :wink:

You could probably quote that passage from the RTD/Hours laws :wink:. Wonderful things this stuff. So open to interpretation :laughing:. I can’t remember the exact wording, but you have to know how long POA is going to last before you start the thing, otherwise it’s counted as working time, for which I would have taken a break of 30 min as I would techinaclly be working more than 9 hours :wink:.

This would be to cover myself and make sure I keep it legal all ways round, as It strikes me that McFarlans are not sure of what they’re doing, but are trying to cover their o-licence.

Liberace:
…for which I would have taken a break of 30 min as I would techinaclly be working more than 9 hours :wink:.

And as you are working more than 9 hours you would need 45 minutes, not 30. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :wink:

Liberace:
Mike- I assume you were told eaxctly when you would be finished tipping to be able to use that time as POA :wink:.

Yep, i have never used POA before until i come onto this job. When i pulled on the bay at Burtons Biscuits they told me it would be in the afternoon that i would be ready. I left the site, ok’d by the security guard and went and got myself a breakfast in a nearby cafe, the staff told me where to go to get a brekky. The point is, and this is what distinguishes it from a break is that because the vehicle is on site i have to be available to return to my work station, maybe to move it etc. On a break i don’t have to do anything of the sort so its not a break, i am with the vehicle all day. I did get a 45 minute break deducted from my pay which i think is wrong, but there you go. Their own drivers don’t get a break deducted, maybe i would have a case here, discrimination/unfair/unequal treatment? All i done was to drive to kirkby wait all day and return to base. Of course i realise that many wage slaves would say just put it on break and have done with it, but, i’m me. And even though it might seem at a glance that i fit in with their ethics;

The development of our staff is at the heart of our strategy. Every opportunity will be taken to encourage personal development to maximise all employees potential as individuals and as members of effective teams within the Group.

Our aim is to achieve this in a culture of mutual trust, dignity and respect. An emphasis shall be placed on ethical methods of commerce by adding value to business partnerships

in practice i don’t !! By me not taking nor having to take a break it sets a precedent for their removal of 45 minutes pay from me and everyone else. This is why some guys sit in a RDC for 4 hours and then take a 45 minute break right when they get out the gates. And just before i go, they don’t pay their own drivers overtime untill they have completed 60 hours work, so how exctly are they playing this given a working week is 48 hours? Well i know the answer, it is just leaave it on break all the time. Ironically, my mate in the pub told me to do that!!