Take a bow Sadiq Kahn

Thank ■■■■ I don’t live and work down in that overpopulated hell hole! They’ll be taxing your arse next for emmisions

lbc.co.uk/sadiq-plans-10-cha … ars-133333

From what’s here and the reporting this morning, the ‘T charge’ is every car pre 2005 inside the circular gets hit £10 a day, everything over 5 years old for diesel and 14 years old for petrol will get stung an extra £12.50 on top from 2019, plus the congestion charge still going. So a 54 plate focus could have to pay up to £32.50 to come into the capital. Ironically my wife’s econetic fiesta that has free road tax and congestion charge exempt, would have to pay the £10. Complete joke

OVLOV JAY:
http://www.lbc.co.uk/sadiq-plans-10-charge-for-older-cars-133333

From what’s here and the reporting this morning, the ‘T charge’ is every car pre 2005 inside the circular gets hit £10 a day, everything over 5 years old for diesel and 14 years old for petrol will get stung an extra £12.50 on top from 2019, plus the congestion charge still going. So a 54 plate focus could have to pay up to £32.50 to come into the capital. Ironically my wife’s econetic fiesta that has free road tax and congestion charge exempt, would have to pay the £10. Complete joke

I’ve seen the 2019 date is only for central London, the larger part is 2020, but basically is says the same as I said, if you have a 2006 petrol it won’t be affected by the extra congestion charge or the ULEZ, and that will be a 14 year old car in 2020 when it covers the wider area.

Evil8Beezle:

Olog Hai:
if it is made more expensive/awkward to drive in to the centre, fewer people who have a choice will do so.

Fewer working class people anyway…

How many ‘working class people’ are driving in to the centre of London every day? It’s £1.50 each way on the bus versus the congestion charge and however much it costs to park.

Why do participants here have problems understanding the drive (pardon the pun) to discourage the use of private cars in that there Lunnon? They have arguably by far the best public transport system in the country, so for most people there simply is no need to run a car for commuting - indeed the cost of parking makes it a no-brainer.

muckles:

OVLOV JAY:
http://www.lbc.co.uk/sadiq-plans-10-charge-for-older-cars-133333

I’ve seen the 2019 date is only for central London, the larger part is 2020, but basically is says the same as I said, if you have a 2006 petrol it won’t be affected by the extra congestion charge or the ULEZ, and that will be a 14 year old car in 2020 when it covers the wider area.

That’s right as far as the ulez is concerned, but the T charge will apply to all pre 2005 cars inside the circular, and that could happen sooner than the ulez

Roymondo:
Why do participants here have problems understanding the drive (pardon the pun) to discourage the use of private cars in that there Lunnon? They have arguably by far the best public transport system in the country, so for most people there simply is no need to run a car for commuting - indeed the cost of parking makes it a no-brainer.

What about families that live on the outskirts, doing the weekly shop? How are you going to get 6 bags of shopping and 3 kids home from tesco. This isn’t just aimed at people coming in, it’s aimed at millions of residents

Olog Hai:

Evil8Beezle:

Olog Hai:
if it is made more expensive/awkward to drive in to the centre, fewer people who have a choice will do so.

How many ‘working class people’ are driving in to the centre of London every day? It’s £1.50 each way on the bus versus the congestion charge and however much it costs to park.

The point is more that these charges are insignificant to the rich, and therefore discriminate…

Roymondo:

Having to lug loads of shopping around on buses and trains.Or the inconvenience of having to get up at 6 am to make numerous bus/train connections to start work at 8 and getting home at 7 or 8 pm.Not to mention the fact that ‘London’ often means parts of the country nicked from the surrounding Counties.Which were and still should be no different to any other county in the country regarding the freedom to travel as people wish.On that note yes return London’s borders to where they were pre 1965 and you might have a case but even then I’d doubt it.Being that removing people’s freedom of choice of travel mode just puts more pressure on the surrounding counties from those wanting to leave the place.

Evil8Beezle:
The point is more that these charges are insignificant to the rich, and therefore discriminate…

Who would have thought it.A so called Labour mayor introducing yet more regressive taxation which hits the lowest paid hardest.

OVLOV JAY:

Roymondo:

What about families that live on the outskirts, doing the weekly shop? How are you going to get 6 bags of shopping and 3 kids home from tesco. This isn’t just aimed at people coming in, it’s aimed at millions of residents

£10 to use the car for a day (plus all the existing standing costs of ownership, plus the cost of fuel actually used) vs £6 a month for as many deliveries as you want/need via Tesco’s “Delivery Saver” (other supermarket delivery services are available and offer similar deals). Not a difficult decision, is it?

Roymondo:

OVLOV JAY:

Roymondo:

£10 to use the car for a day (plus all the existing standing costs of ownership, plus the cost of fuel actually used) vs £6 a month for as many deliveries as you want/need via Tesco’s “Delivery Saver” (other supermarket delivery services are available and offer similar deals). Not a difficult decision, is it?

No not a difficult decision. Car every time, as the car isn’t used exclusively for shopping. I can get to work in half hour, at a cost of about £3 in fuel. To do the train, it’s a walk to the station, 2 and a half hours on 2 trains and a tube, with a walk from Tower Hill tube to Fenchurch street in the middle, plus a walk from the station to work. And it restricts my start time on a Monday as the first train out of my station is 5am. All with a weeks clothes, bedding and a weeks shopping, well worth the £25 fare too :unamused:

OVLOV JAY:
No not a difficult decision. Car every time, as the car isn’t used exclusively for shopping. I can get to work in half hour, at a cost of about £3 in fuel. To do the train, it’s a walk to the station, 2 and a half hours on 2 trains and a tube, with a walk from Tower Hill tube to Fenchurch street in the middle, plus a walk from the station to work. And it restricts my start time on a Monday as the first train out of my station is 5am. All with a weeks clothes, bedding and a weeks shopping, well worth the £25 fare too :unamused:

It’s always those living in other parts of the country who don’t have a clue trying to dictate policy in another part of the country that doesn’t affect them personally.From our point of view the more London gets hit the more knock on demand that creates on us just outside the place from those wanting to move away.

I grew up 'inside the north circular '…means I now have to pay £20 to go back and visit?

What happens to the people who live in the area?

DonutUK:
I grew up 'inside the north circular '…means I now have to pay £20 to go back and visit?

What happens to the people who live in the area?

They have to pay it every time they use their car

Evil8Beezle:

Olog Hai:

+1 ITS ALWAYS THE WORKING CLASS PEOPLE, ■■■■■■■■■ sorry for shouting

Carryfast:

OVLOV JAY:
The ultra low zone is, but he’s brought it forward and made it more stringent. When it comes in, anyone in a car older than a 15 plate will be stung :open_mouth:

Notice he’s left out the large Asian vote outside the Norf Circular in ‘Middlesex’. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: While it’ll do wonders for house prices in the home counties with all the London 4x4 etc owners wanting to move out. :laughing:

I wonder if theres an exemption clause somewhere in the small print thatl mean its ok to drive about in a clapped out no tax or mot bmw,toyota camry or equivelant mk 4 cortina assuming its fitted with a horn that plays dem bones and has furry dice dangling in the windscreen.or if at least 95% of your benefits gets transferred abroad every week.that should keep them happy and ensure his own kind vote him in next time also.

gingo:

Evil8Beezle:

Olog Hai:

+1 ITS ALWAYS THE WORKING CLASS PEOPLE, [zb], sorry for shouting

that should have read bxxterds.
working class.cant afford to park, so they get the bus or train, if they can afford them, or walk,or just dont go.
while rich ■■■■■ dont give a fkuc… they can afford to park in the spaces you cant .every rise in tax or anything only afects the working class. we are only helping the rich. ie you cant afford to park in city centers,so you dont, that leaves plenty of spaces for rich people who can afford to park there.

OVLOV JAY:

Roymondo:

OVLOV JAY:

Roymondo:

I live just outside the greater London border but inside the M25 my 10 mile journey to work in London takes about 20 minutes in the morning and half hour in the evening
On public transport it is two tubes a bus and a 10 minute walk or two buses and a 10 minute walk.
This takes an hour and 15 minutes each way.
That’s hardly great transport links.
London is much more than zone 1 and 2 and the outskirts are where most working people live.

Could this be another way of keeping the car industry going too?

Having to renew your car every 5 minutes just to keep up with the London emission regs that like to be changed every 5 minutes too??