Tailgating

Can I ask 1 question? I always stay well back from the lorry in front I don’t see why you need to be that close as you can normally tell when your going to overtake the lorry in front in good time! With being fairly new to the game I was just wondering what the idea is behind it!? Thanks!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.312255,-3.465165

mozzer44:
Can I ask 1 question? I always stay well back from the lorry in front I don’t see why you need to be that close as you can normally tell when your going to overtake the lorry in front in good time! With being fairly new to the game I was just wondering what the idea is behind it!? Thanks!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.312255,-3.465165

they are giving posters on here something to do!

Despite what some drivers say, there ARE bad HGV drivers out there just as there are bad car drivers, bad van drivers and bad bikers. Unfortunately they tarnish the reputation of good HGV drivers. Always keep a safe distance from the vehicle infront, that’s the golden rule here.

Just don’t try educating said drivers though, it wont be appreciated.

Aye! I’m well aware of that.

i always try and keep a 3 second gap but in heavy traffic it aint always possible

It could be quite dangerous but brilliant for slipstreaming! (on a much slower and longer scale)

weeto:

Not to mention a complete waste of time :unamused: ,just press the exhaust brake (no brake lights :wink: ) that normally sorts them.

yeah thats what i do after overtaking slow cars
or the slow cars that speed up as you try to overtake them
so when you go back to inside lane
they slow down again
then when i finally do overtake them
i cut in
and put exhauste no lights brake on
it puts the ■■■■■ up them and lets them no what its like

What a surprise - Professional drivers who feel the need to “educate” other road users…

It’s not a surprise at all, they know it all don’t they ? (luv ur name but not as much as mine) :slight_smile:

The idea of it is to get in their slip stream so they pull you in and then sling shot past…haven’t you seen Days Of Thunder!!!

robroy:

weeto:

Not to mention a complete waste of time :unamused: ,just press the exhaust brake (no brake lights :wink: ) that normally sorts them.

drop a cog first :smiling_imp: :slight_smile:

villa:
yeah thats what i do after overtaking slow cars
or the slow cars that speed up as you try to overtake them
so when you go back to inside lane
they slow down again
i cut in
it puts the [zb] up them and lets them no what its like

They must make you look a right ■■■■ after they then just drive off into the distance and leave you sitting there ■■■■■■ off.

tailgating is not only dangerous it is the worst form of driving on our roads the sooner the authorites clamp down on this and take there licences of these arse holes the safer our roads will be

villa:
i cut in
it puts the [zb] up them and lets them no what its like

:unamused:

If this sort of stuff is what we are up against then there is no hope.

When driving the 3.5 Tonner I probably get closer than most feel comfortable with, but as it’s a gutless old wonder I need the extra slipstream in order to pass in one go, if not I hit the airflow off the cab and go backwards…

goonerewill:
tailgating is not only dangerous it is the worst form of driving on our roads the sooner the authorites clamp down on this and take the licences of these arse holes the safer our roads will be

^This^

robroy:

weeto:

Brake lights come on with a scania exhaust brake. Just saying.

newmercman:

goonerewill:
tailgating is not only dangerous it is the worst form of driving on our roads the sooner the authorites clamp down on this and take the licences of these arse holes the safer our roads will be

^This^

I agree, it would certainly help cut out the, ooh another one gone, rip driver, oh he was only doing his job posts, er no, he died because he was a tool.