Tailgating

What is it with the mentality of some car drivers. One latched onto me M6 last night from 28 to 22 and must have been only about 8 feet off the back. When I slowed he sliwed until he devided to trrat anothet driver, passed me and did the same. He might think he saved 1mpg but would have suffered if I had jammed on the anchors.

Could be a “hypermiler”.

Not just car drivers, I see lorries tailgating all the time in average speed road works, some flash their lights and toot them to make them go over the speed limit.
Lorries inches behind cars, no time to react.

McPlod:
What is it with the mentality of some car drivers. One latched onto me M6 last night from 28 to 22 and must have been only about 8 feet off the back. When I slowed he sliwed until he devided to trrat anothet driver, passed me and did the same. He might think he saved 1mpg but would have suffered if I had jammed on the anchors.

Flick down a gear manually and sit on the exhauster that will wake the ■■■■ up.
Don’t know how I would react if somebody sliwed until he devided to trrat anothet driver though! :smiley:

FL10’s were good for those.

Exhauster on, full throttle, smoke 'em out, never failed.

Even trucks do this. I had one creep up on me recently doing 85km/h and he sat behind me for mile after mile. I backed off to 80 to let him past and so did he. I wound it up to 90 and created a gap but as soon as I knocked it back to 85 he was tailing me again.

If all this was for the sake of hyper miling then they need their licenses took off em.

robroy:
Don’t know how I would react if somebody sliwed until he devided to trrat anothet driver though!

:laughing:

Contraflow:

robroy:
Don’t know how I would react if somebody sliwed until he devided to trrat anothet driver though!

+1 :laughing: p

McPlod:
When I slowed he sliwed until he devided to trrat anothet driver

Sounds painful :open_mouth:

The-Snowman:

McPlod:
When I slowed he sliwed until he devided to trrat anothet driver

Sounds painful :open_mouth:

it is if you get rammed from the rear , apparently :unamused:

Shandy123:

Contraflow:

robroy:

+1 :laughing: p

I think that’s Welsh.

I don’t care, their face is at the same level as my tuck under tail-lift, if I had to anchor up sharpish they weren’t stand a chance.

I had a woman in a Vauxhall Corsa C tailgating me when I was in the works sprinter van on the A1M outside lane at err 70 I had left sufficient gap between me and the car in front yet the ■■■■■■ woman behind me must have been less than 5 foot off my tow bar and that isn’t an exaggeration! She was swerving left to right too I assume looking to get past or to let me know she was there, I had no where to go though as all lanes were full and I was expecting her to hit me when I had to brake hard don’t know how she managed to avoid hitting me.

Radar19:
I don’t care, their face is at the same level as my tuck under tail-lift, if I had to anchor up sharpish they weren’t stand a chance.

More Welsh.