Tailgating Cameras!

Has any one come across these new tailgating cameras on their travels? Apparently 10,000 drivers were caught in the first two weeks :open_mouth: fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet- … tailgating

lancpudn:
Has any one come across these new tailgating cameras on their travels? Apparently 10,000 drivers were caught in the first two weeks :open_mouth: fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet- … tailgating

About time too IMO

One in eight casualties on UK roads are from the result of tailgating. I’m shocked. If I had to guess I would have said it was higher than that. Still an unnecessarily high percentage though. Hopefully this trial is extended and this becomes a common feature on our roads.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nothing to see on that video crack on

Won’t work in cases like that since the truck was non UK so no chance of finding the driver. I also wonder if it can see say someone tailgating a trailer / rigid as presumably the camera would have to be watching the front.

Also unless its manually checked and potentially passed to police for more serious offences, is there really any point? Those who drive like this all the time (looks especially at certain car makes), aren’t going to change and people who accidentally do it, aren’t the ones who need targeting.