Tailgate no workie

Got to my 2nd drop this morn and my tail lift decided to pack it in. Its now stuck in the up position with a large pool if hydraulic fluid on the floor. Fortunately it was do this drop and back to the yard for reload, so now I’m waiting for recovery/repair whilst rest of jobs have been covered by other drivers…

Not sure if I’d get used to this sitting around, sooner be busy on my Class 2 multidrop lol. Hopefully early doors though if DAF assist get there finger out

Recovery for a tail lift prob in the up pos ? You firm must have money to burn lol

Just following orders :grimacing:

Motor burnt out and solenoid gone (something like that) nothing he could do so strapped it to get me back to the yard…

Funny old day!!

Chain broke on mine once.and it wouldn’t lock in to,place due to one side slipping down below the lock. I strapped it up myself and took it back to base.

Who’d a thunkit, a driver actually having some common sense. :unamused:

DaveB68:
Got to my 2nd drop this morn and my tail lift decided to pack it in. Its now stuck in the up position with a large pool if hydraulic fluid on the floor. Fortunately it was do this drop and back to the yard for reload, so now I’m waiting for recovery/repair whilst rest of jobs have been covered by other drivers…

Does this mean youre not getting paid while you sit around waiting for repair?

chester1:
Recovery for a tail lift prob in the up pos ? You firm must have money to burn lol

I assume he means up with it open, which wouldn’t be safe or legal to drive.

Glen A9:

chester1:

I assume he means up with it open, which wouldn’t be safe or legal to drive.

Pray tell why…

If it’s a slider in runs on rails either side and it’s strapped securely to the vehicle in such away it can not open then it’s legal…as in the vertical position

If it’s stuck in a position where it can’t be folded up it wouldn’t be safe to drive with it sticking out.
Also, by being raised it may be preventing the doors from being closed.

It just depends what type of lift it is what could be done in the position it was stuck in.

Make sure you adhere to the new regs on tail lifts .I’ve only seen brakes apply best practice .if you tip on your own and fall your fired and on 71.00 a week…nobody can meet this basic requirement yet there’s millions on this rock and roll

Glen A9:
If it’s stuck in a position where it can’t be folded up it wouldn’t be safe to drive with it sticking out.
Also, by being raised it may be preventing the doors from being closed.

It just depends what type of lift it is what could be done in the position it was stuck in.

If it’s a roller shutter that’s that sorted :sunglasses: but again it purely depend on the lift

Can’t see why it will be illegal to run with it in the up but open pos as long as you make it visible it’s no different to a over hang on a trailer if the door won’t shut if the load is secure strap the doors open.

Come on Dave… What sort of tail lift was it and when you say it was up do you mean it was vertical to the back of the truck■■?