Tail lift marker flags

Evening chaps,

Just a quick question does anyone know if the Taillift marker flags are a legal requirement? If so do you have a link to the regulation that this would fall under?

The only people that I can see saying they are a requirement are the tail lift suppliers who sell them

Cheers in advance.

Well within the legal requirement. If your worried, stick an old hi vis vest on the back. They are supposed to stop muppett car drivers parking to close. Ask a ambulance driver, Tricky getting a bod in sideways, lol, even WORSE a wonky wheeled tesco trolley

Bones:
Evening chaps,

Just a quick question does anyone know if the Taillift marker flags are a legal requirement? If so do you have a link to the regulation that this would fall under?

The only people that I can see saying they are a requirement are the tail lift suppliers who sell them

Cheers in advance.

If they are not a legal requirement they are probably a common sense attachment, there seems to be a lot of myopic drivers who would decapitate the rest of their family without them, but pieces of an old hiviz tied to the plate should suffice :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats the problem it says in the link that Wheelnut posted that they are legal requirement, but I cant find the legislation that would cover it.

Its important because there is money involved :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bones:
Thats the problem it says in the link that Wheelnut posted that they are legal requirement, but I cant find the legislation that would cover it.

Its important because there is money involved :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This from the Direct Gov website about rear projections.

Not exceeding one metre - No requirements specified.

More than 1 metre and less than 2 metres; ends must be made clearly visible to road users in the same lane. (Construction & Use Schedule 12 Paragraph 4)

I would probably half inch a couple of road cones and use them when I operated the tail lift!

hi guys I am Tail lift engineer they fall under the loler regs and you must display marker flags with reflective strip, search the net for info

Tail Lift? Bloody luxury!! :cry:

Most companies tend to fit them or renew them as a matter of course when the annual LOLER test is done, they were always replaced whenever mine was tested on my old job.

paul davies:
hi guys I am Tail lift engineer they fall under the loler regs and you must display marker flags with reflective strip, search the net for info

What do the Regulations require me to do?

You need to ensure that in using any lifting equipment the requirements of LOLER are met.
For example, you should ensure that all lifting equipment is:

Sufficiently strong, stable and suitable for the proposed use. Similarly, the load and anything attached (e.g. timber pallets, lifting points) must be suitable.

Positioned or installed to prevent the risk of injury, e.g. from the equipment or the load falling or striking people.

Visibly marked with any appropriate information to be taken into account for its safe use, e.g. slings, clamps, etc. should be similarly marked.

I can’t see anything that specifically mentions markers on tail lifts but the full regs are here:

hse.gov.uk/pubns/priced/l113.pdf

paul davies:

Doesn’t have to be a flag does it? We have some tailifts that have amber, strobeing, hazard lights built into the platform deck that flash when the power is connected. I’ve seen them on other vehicles where they sit within the flaps.

That would seem to be consistent with the link that wheelnut posted above.

From my days as a cop…dont boo… anything that is part of the vehicle comes under : construction and use regulations. basically if its there it has to work. I wouldnt imagine its a legal requirement but i could be wrong

Do tail lifts normally project more than 1m from the rear of a truck or trailer as you drive along?

I think you should contact your supplier if they do…

W