Tag Along

Hi everyone call me silly if ya want . I haven’t done any lessons yet but plan to some time in the near future and would like to maybe go a day or so with some lorry drivers or driver to see how things are done , I spoke to a fella I grew up with a few days ago and asked if he minded if I tagged along with him and he said he wouldnt have minded but his bosses are strict for hi vis steel toecap etc which I already have so wouldnt be a problem but he also said about secure loads and his managers being strict but its only for the likes of tescos , asda that he delivers for would this be true or do you think he is just telling me this ?

It’s quite true nowadays, although an insurance excuse is usually given, company policy usually dictates that only company employees or it’s agents (not the 007 type, although if you listen at some rdc waiting rooms you’ll find some :laughing: ) may travel in cabs.

I forgot to mention he uses his own lorry so that’s why i was a bit iffy as to wither he is just making up excuses or not

Only he knows really. He could very well be telling the truth or maybe he just can’t tell you about your B.O.

rjm87:
Hi everyone call me silly if ya want .

Hello Silly. :slight_smile:

I’ve taken people along with me for the experience, depends what work you are on really.