Tacograph paper

Hi guys wheres best place to get tacograph paper? What kind? I havent started work yet but want to start making a drivers bag up. Cheers guys :smiley:

I really wouldn’t waste your money buying tacho rolls as the employer normally provides them, I’ve not had to buy one yet. If you really want some, the RHA sell them on their website although you’ll probably get them cheaper off eBay.

It’s the transport companies legal responsibility to supply printing paper or charts if your driving a vehicle with an analogue tachograph.

If you want some printing paper for your own records you can usually get some reasonably cheap off eBay, only use the proper paper supplied by the company for legally required printouts though.

Thanks guys. I just heard before vosa if your stoped can fine you if you dont carry paper on you. Dont know if its true or not. Girl.i know also rang me yestrday saying theres a guy she knows is looking someone for driving uk work. Im only passed c+e on march. Hes to ring me over wekend stil. Told her ive no experince. Im in ireland here. I wouldnt know where to start ferries etc. Wouldnt no what i was doing :laughing: . Still he could be looking sombody with experince. But hey no harm chatting to him. Got my full liencse. Full cpc. Digi card arrived 2wks ago. Been knocking on doors. Handing cvs. Still nothing :unamused:

davy1111:
Thanks guys. I just heard before vosa if your stoped can fine you if you dont carry paper on you.

You can be fined for not having enough printing paper, but as said it’s the companies responsibility to supply it.

Ok thanks tacograph :smiley:

tachograph:

davy1111:
Thanks guys. I just heard before vosa if your stoped can fine you if you dont carry paper on you.

You can be fined for not having enough printing paper, but as said it’s the companies responsibility to supply it.

I think the way it’s worded is that you must be able to supply a printout when requested by an official. This has been translated by most into having to carry a spare roll (which isnt a bad thing) How many drivers who use different vehicles check the amount of paper as part of their vehicle checks?
As Tachograph says, it must be the correct paper for the tachograph unit you are using and it is the companies responsibility to provide it for you.

I always carry a box of my own regardless, then you don’t have to worry about there not being any in the lorry and having to go and ask for some from a grumpy old transport clerk in the office, never needed to use any yet anyhow

Thanks midnight. But is all the paper the same? Or diffrent for each tacograph machine? :smiley:

Midnight Rambler:
I always carry a box of my own regardless, then you don’t have to worry about there not being any in the lorry and having to go and ask for some from a grumpy old transport clerk in the office, never needed to use any yet anyhow

If there’s no paper in the tachograph, having your own rolls may save you having to ask the office bod for some but the next driver will then have to do what you should have done.

By not putting paper in the tachograph you’re not solving a problem, you’re just passing the problem onto the next person who drives the vehicle.

davy1111:
But is all the paper the same? Or diffrent for each tacograph machine? :smiley:

Printing paper comes in different qualities, as long as it’s digital tachograph paper it will work but with poor quality paper the print will fade and become unreadable in a few months, companies have to keep legally required printouts for at-least 1 year and two years if they use the driver records for the WTD, so faded printouts are no good to them.

tachograph:

Midnight Rambler:

If there’s no paper in the tachograph, having your own rolls may save you having to ask the office bod for some but the next driver will then have to do what you should have done.

By not putting paper in the tachograph you’re not solving a problem, you’re just passing the problem onto the next person who drives the vehicle.

I was saying I carry my own just to cover myself on the legal aspect of carrying enough to do a printout if required

Cheers tacograph :smiley: . Lots of stuff new drivers need to know :laughing: . Me being one

Midnight Rambler:

tachograph:

Midnight Rambler:

I was saying I carry my own just to cover myself on the legal aspect of carrying enough to do a printout if required

Sorry I misunderstood what you meant :wink:

tachograph:

Midnight Rambler:

tachograph:

Midnight Rambler:

Sorry I misunderstood what you meant :wink:

no problem :slight_smile:

I have a day bag which I made up of things I rend to need/use it contains

Gloves
Dairy
satnav & map
micro fiber cloth ( cleaning mirrors )
taco paper ( acquired )
torch
clipboard
timer
baby wipes
pens

Thanks animal. Thats handy wee bag :smiley:

davy1111:
Thanks animal. Thats handy wee bag :smiley:

Only as wide as my A4 clipboard btw can also fit my flask & jar of coffee in & if doing days my food so for a woman not too bad :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Glad to see another women trucker animal :smiley: . Not long passed my c+e myself. This 2 years is bit of a pain :laughing: . Just have to keep on knocking until sombody answers. Lost count of the amount of cv.s ive handed outand stil no reply :laughing:

Have you registared with any agency yet :question: :question: :question: