Tacograph course tomorrow

Hi guys some of you may know me already. For those who dont im davy :smiley: . Passed my c+e 2 weeks ago. The training company i did my c+e with are kindly putting me threw tacograph course tomorrow. As i got speaking to the lady owner of the company and got on well with her and shes very nice lady. I had mentioned im not 100% on tacographs and she kindly said she would put me threw it free of charge. I havemy cvs made out and am very keen to start some sort of work but dont want to go in half blind tacos etc. And making a hash. Could somebody give me heads up for what to expect tomorrow. Thanks guys :smiley: :smiley:

The quality of tacho courses varies naturally.

As a minimum, you should come away with a working knowledge of WTD, EU drivers’ hours regs, knowing how to use a digitach (some trainers use a simulator to enable this) and knowing how to complete analogue charts and operate the analogue instrument.

You should also know how to make manual entries electronically on digitach as well as written. Also how to make analogue manual records.

I assume this is a driver cpc course, in which case it will last 7 hours + breaks. Normally 8 hours start to finish.

Ask all the questions you possibly can.

Enjoy.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks pete for the heads up. I passed my cpc a month ago just got my dqc the other day. Im ready to start driving. Minus the work. I just had mentioned to the lady that owns training company and she said she would put me threw it. True to her word she rang me yestrday to confirm time and location. Are these one day course pete??

I cant speak for your trainer. But these are often 1 day courses approved for driver cpc. If it is, and if you have passed your initial driver cpc tests, then this can count as the first 7 hours of your periodic training.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Brillant pete thanks. Didnt know it could count towards my 35hrs. Apprecate it pete :smiley: :smiley:

davy1111:
putting me threw tacograph course tomorrow

Do not THROW it too far or too hard because you might break it :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I started my cpc yesterday and they told us we cant bank hours in advance till after September.

ytre:
I started my cpc yesterday and they told us we cant bank hours in advance till after September.

You can only do 35 hours DCPC training before September, well to be more precise you can do as many hours training as you like but only 35 hours will count for anything, you cannot bank training hours for the following five year period 2019-2024.

tachograph:

ytre:

You can only do 35 hours DCPC training before September, well to be more precise you can do as many hours training as you like but only 35 hours will count for anything, you cannot bank training hours for the following five year period 2019-2024.

The only way you can bank training hours is if you have your PCV as you are getting 6 years to do the next 35 hours.

ytre:

Those with acquired/grandfather rights for dcpc have a ghost DQC dated 09/09/2014
Those with a DQC will have the expiry date on the card

Only training done within 5 years of a DQC expiry date can count apart from a one-off exception for those with both PCV & LGV acquired rights where training will count for 6 years from 09/09/2013 - this is to bring both PCV & LGV into alignment for those with acquired rights for both