Taco prob

So was in a different lorry yesterday than my usual but same type of taco but for some reason everytime I was stopped for more than a fee mins it recorded that time as break? So when I stopped for my lunch was going to take 45 as had skipped morning break it seemed to think I had already took a break due to a 25 min stop for an accident?
Is there something wrong with this taco cause never done this on me before
Can’t work out how to submit image from mobile

I think only a garage that is authorised to touch tacho machines, can alter the setting that you have mentioned.

Nothing wrong with the tacho it’s you.
Not all tachographs work the same ie change it to break turn the key and it’ll change to work or the other way round. You just need to remember when you turn the ignition it might change the tacho mode always check when you take the key out or stop.

mattni:
for some reason everytime I was stopped for more than a fee mins it recorded that time as break

Presumably you mean every time you switched off the ignition the tachograph mode changed to break ?

When the ignition is switched off the vehicle will default to any activity they have been set to default to, it sounds like the vehicle you drove is set to default to break when the ignition is switched off, it’s up to you to change it back to other work or whatever mode you want it on.

The good news is that the next generation of digital tachographs will either stay on the same activity when the ignition is switched off or allow the driver to change the settings :smiley:

Yea it must have been automatically going to break when I switched off. Only issue with that was when I stopped for lunch it showed that I already had stopped 15 mins and I had intended in stopping for the full 45 mins. Thankfully back in my own truck today.
While I’m on here that day a school bus wiped out my drivers mirrors. When I phoned boss about it he wanted me to carry on till the end of day till I got to the regular garage. Thankfully at one of my drops was able to get some guys with tools to take one off the n/s and swap it over for me. Surely is shouldn’t be expected to drive 100’s miles with no mirrors on one side?!?

It wasn’t a daf you were in was it ?

Was a merc

So if I turn ignition of and then switch it to break, remove keys after a while it will switch it to other work (if that’s default), so cant take a break unless ignition is on? I think this happened to me on a Man 62 plate.

mattni:
Yea it must have been automatically going to break when I switched off. Only issue with that was when I stopped for lunch it showed that I already had stopped 15 mins and I had intended in stopping for the full 45 mins.

why would that be a problem ■■ if your gonna say because they would have stopped you an hour the answer is simple . Stop 15 mins work 30 mins break or the other way round if you want = 45

truck-n-me:
So if I turn ignition of and then switch it to break, remove keys after a while it will switch it to other work (if that’s default), so cant take a break unless ignition is on? I think this happened to me on a Man 62 plate.

If you switch off the ignition then change the tachograph mode to break it will stay on break even if you take the keys out, the ignition does not have to be on to have a break.

Thanks tacho.

If you press “1” it should change the mode (might only apply to siemens. Luckily I did my research on the one I ended up with). I had to call my uncle up to ask why every time i stopped moving (I.E - pulled up at some lights) it went to other work. Apparently it starts recording something a couple of minutes after you stop. So set the mode to other work, then start moving, so you’re still getting paid.

User a drier mince mixture. It’ll stop your taco going soggy. Although if too dry your taco could easily break.