Taco modes on ferries

Hi guys. Quick question. Well as the status says. Can anybody tel me what mode you to be set at on a ferrie. Just not sure about that one. Just incase anytime in future i do u.k work. Cheers guys :smiley:

If the driver has access to a bunk etc on a ferry then the mode can be set to rest if the ferry crossing forms part of a full 11 hours daily rest

If not part of a regular daily rest then as the driver is doing nothing it can be break - POA is ok as well if the driver knows how long the crossing will take

Or you could set the tacho to ferry/train mode for the crossing.

Press menu .
Select vehicle entry click ok
Scroll down to ferry/train then click ok.

Daytrunker:
Or you could set the tacho to ferry/train mode for the crossing.

Press menu .
Select vehicle entry click ok
Scroll down to ferry/train then click ok.

That just puts a mark on the system and is to be used for interrupting a regular daily rest - it serves no other purpose

So no sets on ferries then rog? Just rest and bed?

davy1111:
So no sets on ferries then rog? Just rest and bed?

There is, other work, break/rest & poa

There is no ferry mode

Thanks rog. So daytrunker taken the â– â– â– â–  :unamused:

davy1111:
Hi guys. Quick question. Well as the status says. Can anybody tel me what mode you to be set at on a ferrie. Just not sure about that one. Just incase anytime in future i do u.k work. Cheers guys :smiley:

Journeys involving ferry or train transport
Where a driver accompanies a vehicle that is being transported by ferry or train, the daily rest
requirements are more flexible.

A regular daily rest period may be interrupted no more than twice, but the total interruption must not
exceed 1 hour in total.

This allows for a vehicle to be driven on to a ferry and off again at the end of
the crossing.

Where the rest period is interrupted in this way, the total accumulated rest period must
still be 11 hours. A bunk or couchette must be available during the rest periods.

Ferry mode is used to disrupt a daily rest. The total time to embark / disembark must total no longer than 1 hour.

davy1111:
Thanks rog. So daytrunker taken the â– â– â– â–  :unamused:

Not taking the â– â– â– â–  at all, not done ferrys before it was something that was on the cpc (tin hat on lol) thought it might be useful thats all.
Read Rog’s post so now I know

Sry daytrunker thought you where messing :laughing:

Pal of mine just got stopped in Wales off the Ireland boat by plod who wanted to fine him as according to plod he’d not set his tacho to ferry mode?

He was as confused as me about it, ferry time is just rest break as far as I was aware & is no mode on my older pre digi tacho anyway, but he is digi & i’ve not used a digi so couldnt help.

iguana:
Pal of mine just got stopped in Wales off the Ireland boat by plod who wanted to fine him as according to plod he’d not set his tacho to ferry mode?

He was as confused as me about it, ferry time is just rest break as far as I was aware & is no mode on my older pre digi tacho anyway, but he is digi & i’ve not used a digi so couldnt help.

You only need to use the ferry function on a digital tachograph if you’re interrupting a daily rest period to board/disembark a ferry/train, apart from that there’s no legal requirement to use the ferry function.

Cheers, I did think plod had the wrong end of the stick with him.