tachos

i read in one of the mags[ trucking , truck and d] that from may 1st you had to carry 15 days worth of tachos with you, thats o.k. but im sure it said you had to mark your rests and duty times on the back which im doing. but nobody else seems to be. so does anyone know is it law to do that or have i missunderstood what i read thanks

It isn’t 15 days tachos, it is all the current week plus the charts for the previous 15 calender days. The week starts on a Monday, so on that day you would have charts covering 16 days, Monday plus the previous 15 days, By the end of the week, Sunday, you would need to have charts covering 22 days with you, The 7 days of the current week and the charts covering the 15 days prior to 00:00 hours on the Monday. If you had worked 6 days each week it could be 18 or 19 charts you need to produce, or possibly more depending on your work pattern. On January 1st 2008 it will change to carrying charts for the current day and the previous 28 days.

The writing on the back thing doesn’t need to be done if those details are being recorded on the front of the chart, it is for when you undertake work or take a break while you don’t have access to a vehicle. Some employers may have a company requirement for duty times etc to be marked on the chart, the EDR/SDR or EWR/SWR thing for instance but it isn’t a legal requirement.

thanks mate , i had been doing the keeping tachos as you state id just wrote it down not very well, :blush: .