Tachos

How long in years, should a company keep drivers tachos, before throwing them out. I know that they have keep for a certain amount of years (but cant remember how many), just in case vosa want to check them.

you are required by law to retain completed charts for one year

12 months is the minimum, but if Vosa turned up in the office and you had 13 months they can inspect all of them and still prosecute for infringements outside of the 12 months, so as soon as the disc is 1yr and 1 day old get rid of it.

Just a thought, records for the WTD have to be kept for 2 years I think. In that case and if the company are using tachos to show POA’s etc then the charts would have to be kept for two year would they not?

A good case for using another method for keeping track of the WTD then tachos.

Coffeeholic:
Just a thought, records for the WTD have to be kept for 2 years I think. In that case and if the company are using tachos to show POA’s etc then the charts would have to be kept for two year would they not?

A good case for using another method for keeping track of the WTD then tachos.

Ah Aah, but if you keep the minimum reqd charts on file for VOSA to inspect and archived the rest elsewhere, youd still be compliant for both VOSA and the WTD

VOSA don`t need to know where you archived the rest :slight_smile:

Thanks, I found up tachos up to 9 years old in the office. lol