Tacho's need advice

I know if you have a tacho you should use it but i am only driving a transit at the moment but it has a tacho fitted what do i do?

If it’s 3.5t or under it doesn’t need to be used, if you hook up a trailer for example and go over 3.5t it needs to be used.

mrpj:
If it’s 3.5t or under it doesn’t need to be used, if you hook up a trailer for example and go over 3.5t it needs to be used.

Do they make trannies over 3.5t :question:

Toploadertom:
Do they make trannies over 3.5t :question:

I don’t know, but there are over makes ie Renault who make similar size models but are over 3.5t normally 5.5t and 6.5t which would of course come under normal tacho regs.

Do they make trannies over 3.5t

Aparently so, although they’re rare as when you get to the heavier weights people tend to buy a decent van.
If it’s the current model then the MGW will be indicated on the doors, so 90T350 is a 90Bhp 3.5t, 120T420 is a 120bhp 4.2 ton.

I expect your van is probably a 3.5t and has a towbar so has a tacho fitted. If you’re driving under domestic rules then you’re exempt so dont have to use it. But AFAIK no reason why you cant put a disk in if you want.

dennisw1:
But AFAIK no reason why you cant put a disk in if you want.

Agree, but if you are indeed driving a 3.5t vehicle and therefore exempt note it on the back of the chart.

if it has a tacho fitted use it…cos you can work out what you,ve been up to …no need to tell the governor that its in there…but check to see if it uses 125 or 180 charts