Tachos for weekly rest periods, holidays and sickness

Our employer is making us fill out blank charts for each day of weekly rest, annual holidays and any days of sickness that we have…

Is this legal or a legal requirement under the new WTD regulations? and, why do we have to do it when we have a tacho register with this info already printed out on it, as does our working rota:? :confused: :confused:

Not a legal requirement but might be company policy - cannot see why though.
I THINK boss may be getting mixed up with the regs that say you must fill in a tacho for other non EU reg days that you work when you have been under those EU regs for part of that week.

jackojackson:
Our employer is making us fill out blank charts for each day of weekly rest, annual holidays and any days of sickness that we have…

Is this legal or a legal requirement under the new WTD regulations? and, why do we have to do it when we have a tacho register with this info already printed out on it, as does our working rota:? :confused: :confused:

As ROG said it’s not a legal requirement, but there’s no reason why your company can’t do this if they want.
Don’t know exactly what you’re putting on the chart, but make sure it can’t be used by anyone else, if you’re just putting your name on them then I suggest you deface the chart so that it can’t be used, I’m not suggesting that your company would allow anyone else to use them but best be safe than sorry.

I used to work at a company where they gave us an extra chart each week, because the charts were serial numbered they wanted us to put our names on the unused charts and hand them in, I used to just scribble a line around the speed graph area and write “unused” on it, the company never had a problem with that.

Rog, Tachograph,

Thanx guys had a feeling it was not a legal requirement. We are dating charts, putting our names and writing in the trace field…rest day, holiday, sickness etc…thought this was a violation in itself.

As there’s no legal requirement to complete the chart it’s not illegal to write in the trace area :wink:

I imagine your company is doing this to cover themselves, in case any of you decide to do a bit of extra work somewhere else on your rest days.