Tachos being used as evidence

We know that a tacho can be used as evidence in court for breaches in law, but has anyone ever thought of a challenge as why they cant be used as evidence for the driver as there seems to be conflict here

The authorities can use as hard evidence for hours and speeding offences but the courts wont accept as evidence you werent speeding

I think there should be a challenge under the “human rights” act that is always being thrown in our face

My understanding is that you can’t be prosecuted for speeding on the evidence of the tachograph alone, I could be wrong though :wink:

try telling that to the police over here in mainland EUROPE’
They will laugh their heads off and then double the fine,

Does THIS link help :question:

As i reported 2yrs ago, i defended my sppeding charge using my tacho, backed up by a Sat Nav printout !!

The Police failed to show up in court ! guess they thought they were on a winner…

if you believe your innocent, fight it…!!!

there is plenty of evidence on web to support the fact speed cams are not accurate…!!

Laser Slip is an interesting subject…!! it adds extra length to your vehicle making it appear to be going faster…!!

Rgds

LL

tachograph:
My understanding is that you can’t be prosecuted for speeding on the evidence of the tachograph alone, I could be wrong though :wink:

One of the few good things the unions did for lorry drivers was to force the government to back down by their fierce opposition to what was called ‘the spy in the cab’.
To avoid industrial action tachos were accepted after a government undertaking that drivers could not be convicted of speeding on tacho evidence alone.
As far as I am aware that is still the case.
It should be noted though that this was a British government undertaking applying to the UK only.