Tacho's and vosa

Just had 3 weeks lay off work :frowning: , back on monday :smiley: , do I need a letter from boss confirming that lay off covering that period

gezt:
Just had 3 weeks lay off work :frowning: , back on monday :smiley: , do I need a letter from boss confirming that lay off covering that period

Only if going out of UK

No letter required, Ive been off for months at a time and never needed a letter when i went back

Attestation activity letter is required,if stopped they will want to see the last 28 days driving,your boss needs to print out a form to say what you have been doing,it is the same to cover illness and holidays,there must be no handwritting on the letter,he can down load it from the computer.
I was fined 2300 euros for this in the Basque area in Northern Spain,as my ex boss wrote on the letter,they said it was false,and can only be printed up properly,a company stamp mark on it helps,i was refunded the fine when i got back,but was stuck there for 7 days sorting out the fine.

A letter of attestation is required like what Toby said, you’re covered then.

It’s not a legal requirement in this country. If gouged stopped frequently then it may be a good idea to have one but you don’t legally need one

I assuming since this was posted in UK forum that you won’t be going over water. If you are then you do need one.

thanks guys, now back to work…(got to learn a 10/11 car transporter with remote control decks :confused: )

As already said this isn’t needed if you’re not driving out-side of the UK

New Standard Attestation Letter
On 14 December 2009, the European Commission adopted Decision 2009/959/EU, amending legislation on attestation in the absence of tachograph records and a new standard form of attestation came into being, which is to be used to provide full details of a driver’s activities in any 28 day period.

EU Approved Attestation Form (.doc Word)

EU Approved Attestation Form (PDF)

(2009/959/EU)

Our company insist we have one when we’ve had leave/sick, they fill it all out for us and we just sign it on our first day back in, it takes seconds so no probs.

ROG:

gezt:

Only if going out of UK

If it’s only needed out of the UK then can anyone explain why an irish driver on his way to our depot recently was parked up for 24hrs by VOSA because he had been on holiday and did not have the required letter. I think he was parked up in Holyhead but not 100% sure.

bristolron:
If it’s only needed out of the UK then can anyone explain why an irish driver on his way to our depot recently was parked up for 24hrs by VOSA because he had been on holiday and did not have the required letter

For UK drivers outside the UK

I assume the same applies in reverse - those from outside the UK need letters coming into the UK

bristolron:

ROG:

gezt:

Only if going out of UK

If it’s only needed out of the UK then can anyone explain why an irish driver on his way to our depot recently was parked up for 24hrs by VOSA because he had been on holiday and did not have the required letter. I think he was parked up in Holyhead but not 100% sure.

He should have argued that, unless of course he is just talking ■■■■■■■■ or was parked for another reason.

The Form of Attestation is Mandatory in the following Member States:

Lithuania

Hungary

Estonia

Slovenia

Spain

Slovakia

Romania

Bulgaria

Poland

The Form of Attestation is Non-Mandatory in the following Member States:

Norway

Austria

United Kingdom

Denmark

Ireland

Luxemburg

Finland

Czech Republic

Cyprus

Belgium

Netherlands

Germany

Portugal

Sweden

Latvia

(This information is based on notifications made by the individual Member States)

He doesn’t need a letter here so he can’t be parked up for not having one.

ROG:

bristolron:
If it’s only needed out of the UK then can anyone explain why an irish driver on his way to our depot recently was parked up for 24hrs by VOSA because he had been on holiday and did not have the required letter

For UK drivers outside the UK

I assume the same applies in reverse - those from outside the UK need letters coming into the UK

You assume incorrectly, see above.

Thanks - I had never seen that list before

Coffeeholic:

bristolron:

ROG:

gezt:

Only if going out of UK

He should have argued that, unless of course he is just talking ■■■■■■■■ or was parked for another reason.

The Form of Attestation is Mandatory in the following Member States:

Lithuania

Hungary

Estonia

Slovenia

Spain

Slovakia

Romania

Bulgaria

Poland

The Form of Attestation is Non-Mandatory in the following Member States:

Norway

Austria

United Kingdom

Denmark

Ireland

Luxemburg

Finland

Czech Republic

Cyprus

Belgium

Netherlands

Germany

Portugal

Sweden

Latvia

(This information is based on notifications made by the individual Member States)

He doesn’t need a letter here so he can’t be parked up for not having one.

Is it mandatory for France?

And only one language is required for the letter,based on the country of registration of the vehicle.