Tachometer Software Not Showing Manual Entries

My employer/transport manager is saying they have an issue with my data from my tacho card. It seems that when they download my card it shows the shift start time and shift finish time as 00:00 and 00:00 (+01:00 and +01:00 if BST) so on their screen it looks as if I’ve been working 168h a week. This only happens if when I jump in my truck at the start of my shift and do a manual entry to state I was resting since my card was removed the day before. If I say no to a manual entry it lists the times correctly on their software. So if the manual entry is for rest since the time I took my card out and it spans 2 days the start and finish time states midnight to midnight, but doesn’t if I refuse to do the manual entry.

Has anyone ever had this issue on their software? I suspect they need to change some setting on their software, maye something that relates to how they report the drivers shift hours as their time not in the machine or something of that nature.

I should also state that on my app that I use immediately after they’ve downloaded my card I download my card and the manual entries and card in and out times are correct and show everything as it should be. I used the app to keep track of any WTD infringements when I was new to using a digital tacho card and it’s been a great help.

I always state my rest time and other work on days when I’m not in the truck but instead just pottering about the workplace when not required to drive as a manual entry on the day that I’m back in the truck.

I’m not sure if this is the correct part of the forum… I’ve posted it in the software section of the forum. Please can the mods remove this post from here.
I’m aware of the importance of doing manual entries given the changes in 2022 and don’t mind doing them as they’re easy to do and save me having to carry paper printouts with me but now my employers are saying to say no to manual entries on the VDO so if I want them I have to do them do them on paper.

They are getting onto me about the fact that they don’t have any records of my start and finish times even though we clock in through an app. I almost always have matched my manual entries up to my clocking in times so everything is straight, we’re paid based on our clocking in times but they are saying that if DVSA come in they won’t know what to show them for my driving card stats. They’ve even said that they think I’m doing manual entries wrong, which I’m not as I checked with all the youtube videos and given that my app states them correctly I know they are correct but their software isn’t reporting all my data on their current settings.

Please can someone shed some light on what to do for both myself and the employer.

They are right to investigate it, but are falling short by simply blaming you. They can resolve it so easily, be with you at the start of the day, watch how you make the entry, do a download and then see what the software says. DM if you want some thoughts on how to push them forwards