Tachograpth time directive

Hi can I ask u a question
A debate with someone
On time directive

I need a break at least 15 minutes before 6 hours
30 mins break between 6 and 9 hours and after 9 hours you need to have had a 45min break to meet time directive

And if 4.5 hours after driving needs a straight 45 mins held to meet driving

So I start at

7am other work(doing checks)
7.15 driving
8am other work
9am driving
10am other work
10.45 driving
11am other work
11.30 driving
12 other work

Break 15 mins to meet time directive 5 hours worked
Driving is just 2.hours and 30 mins

1pm driving
2pm other work
2.30 30 mins break

Is this correct without infringements :sunglasses:

yes as you had 15 minutes before 1pm which is your 6 hours then gives you until 4pm before needing 30 minutes break. that’s the way I do it and don’t get infringements.

Thank you I was sure I’m correct I only put the break in last as I stopped writing more just so everyone gets the point

What I can’t understand is you need a 15 min break first and 15 or 30 mins later

But if you done 30 mins and 15mins later is a infringement

Bigbb09:
What I can’t understand is you need a 15 min break first and 15 or 30 mins later

But if you done 30 mins and 15mins later is a infringement

The simple reason is that under Drivers Hours rules (nothing to do with Working Time Directive) that’s the only way a 45 minute break can be split.

It used to be allowable to split a 45 minute break any way you liked (even splitting it into three 15 minute breaks) but that changed a decade or so ago. The reasoning behind the change was that it was possible under the old rule to start a shift, drive across the yard for a minute, book a 30 minute break while gassing/having a coffee and then set off for a 9 hour drive with only a further 15 minute break at halfway.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigbb09:
Hi can I ask u a question
A debate with someone
On time directive

I need a break at least 15 minutes before 6 hours
30 mins break between 6 and 9 hours and after 9 hours you need to have had a 45min break to meet time directive

And if 4.5 hours after driving needs a straight 45 mins held to meet driving

So I start at

7am other work(doing checks)
7.15 driving
8am other work
9am driving
10am other work
10.45 driving
11am other work
11.30 driving
12 other work

Break 15 mins to meet time directive 5 hours worked
Driving is just 2.hours and 30 mins

1pm driving
2pm other work
2.30 30 mins break

Is this correct without infringements :sunglasses:

30 mins break between 6 and 9 hours = no such rule applies if doing over 9 hours work in a shift

your second break needs to be taken as 30 mins if the driving time gets to a total 4.5 hours but if 6.15pm comes first then 15 mins break is needed for WTD - but you might as well make that a 30 break to cover WTD for the whole shift and to reset the driving time

Two sets of break rules apply
WTD
Driving time

Breaks can count for both but the requirement for driving time breaks takes priority over WTD