Tachograph question

peter s:

klunk/■■■■■■■■
I have done ferry moves twice a week on didgi since 2007 and never had a problem.
My way is eg. on arrival at dock tacho to rest and end country ,then before move on to ferry press ferry mode, thhen back to rest when parked on ferry,on disembarcation press ferry move again and drive off and park up, mode back to rest, then add the rest up on the port, and the ferry, and the parking time at other side ,this must add up to 11 hours rest then press start country and go.
Simples

That’s what I do but it still comes up as an infringement.

Does the 11 hour daily rest fit into the 24 hour period? - if no then that is why

mazzer:
To answer the question yes it will show up as insufficient rest on the tacho and when your card is analysed it will also show up as insufficient rest if plod pulls you and downloads your card into his handheld device. To be on the safe side if using ferry movements write the time and crossing down in a diary this will save you a lot of bother when the infringements show up.
With regards to the 11 hours rest we always try to get to boat at with enough time to get 11 hours plus the shunts for example if you are going to use the full hours shunt then get to the boat after a 12 hour spread have asked both the VOSA and police about this and never really received a definitive answer, all of VOSA’s diagrams on this show the two shunts being within the 11 hour break

From what I can establish this is probably the only answer to my OP which wasn’t well put :frowning: I have asked VOSA who didn’t reply, probably because they couldn’t find an answer or, as public servants to busy doing nothing . To me the tachograph doesn’t seem to have been designed to recognize a ship setting AND SO RESET the driving time to zero once the procedure has been completed.
For example, the last time coming off boat and parking up took just 7 minutes driving but yet despite completing 11 hours rest in 24 the 7 minutes driving remained on the card for that day.
Should have said the duty time the day before was around 30min other work then 35 minutes driving to get to boat, checking in before starting my daily rest, long day I know. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the reply’s folks.

peter s:

mazzer:
To answer the question yes it will show up as insufficient rest on the tacho and when your card is analysed it will also show up as insufficient rest if plod pulls you and downloads your card into his handheld device. To be on the safe side if using ferry movements write the time and crossing down in a diary this will save you a lot of bother when the infringements show up.
With regards to the 11 hours rest we always try to get to boat at with enough time to get 11 hours plus the shunts for example if you are going to use the full hours shunt then get to the boat after a 12 hour spread have asked both the VOSA and police about this and never really received a definitive answer, all of VOSA’s diagrams on this show the two shunts being within the 11 hour break

From what I can establish this is probably the only answer to my OP which wasn’t well put :frowning: I have asked VOSA who didn’t reply, probably because they couldn’t find an answer or, as public servants to busy doing nothing . To me the tachograph doesn’t seem to have been designed to recognize a ship setting AND SO RESET the driving time to zero once the procedure has been completed.
For example, the last time coming off boat and parking up took just 7 minutes driving but yet despite completing 11 hours rest in 24 the 7 minutes driving remained on the card for that day.
Should have said the duty time the day before was around 30min other work then 35 minutes driving to get to boat, checking in before starting my daily rest, long day I know. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the reply’s folks.

Caveat warning… talking ■■■■■ here probably :grimacing: