Tachograph Paper Rolls

ckm1981:

Coffeeholic:

ckm1981:

Wheel Nut:

ckm1981:
Did my cpc 2 weeks ago and this 7.5hr bore fest was on rules and regs :open_mouth:
You need to have the ability to print out 28 days of working tachos,whever that takes 1 roll or 3 or 300 is irrelevant,YOU MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO PRINT 28 DAYS WORTH IF ASKED.

In your DCPC trainers opinion, there is certainly nothing to be found in the legislation. Did he shout it out in the classroom?

As for someone using a lot of rolls. I purloined a box of 3 when I got my first digi truck. In my bag there are still 2 new foil wrapped rolls

Depends on the work you do,i can have upto 15 deliveries a day in my artic,which would use a lot more roll up than say a trunker,with the mode switching all the time from other work to driving.

Btw it wasn’t the DCPC trainers opinion,it was a statement read from the VOSA handbook,all drivers must show 28 days tachos if requested to do so.
A digi card records everything obviously but the onus is on the driver to produce printouts as and when requested to do so,if you can’t/don’t or won’t then you will be reported for failing to produce.

Nonsense. You have to produce charts and any required printouts, those taken to correct or explain something, plus your digi card. That doesn’t mean it is a legal requirement to be able to produce 28 days printouts.

So if Mr VOSA Man asked you to print out your 28 days working you’d refuse?

No, and VOSA wouldn’t ask you to to that in a control anyway but that isn’t what is being discussed here. What is being discussed is the amount of ■■■■■■■■ trainers and the like come out with regarding number of rolls or number of days. There is no requirement to carry a specific number of roll or be able to print a certain number of days.

repton:

ckm1981:
Btw it wasn’t the DCPC trainers opinion,it was a statement read from the VOSA handbook,all drivers must show 28 days tachos if requested to do so.
A digi card records everything obviously but the onus is on the driver to produce printouts as and when requested to do so,if you can’t/don’t or won’t then you will be reported for failing to produce.

The legal requirement to show your last 28 days worth of tachos when you are on digital doesn’t mean you have to print them out, if your DCPC instructor said that you do then he shouldn’t be taking the course until he goes away and actually learns the correct rules. By giving Mr VOSA your digicard (plus of course any required printouts to explain deviations from the driver’s hours regs) you have “shown” him the last 28 days tachos, he will not ask you to print them out.

Paul

Also the 28 day thing doesn’t really apply to the digi card, that is for charts and legally required printouts. The regulations say you must produce your card, they don’t define how many days data must be on that card. They can’t because when you change your card, for whatever reason, you might only have a couple of days on it.

And unless the VOSA man is very fat and cannot climb the steps, they do as they have always done and stand on the step to view the display, if they find an anomaly, they may ask for a printout of that day.

I have been stopped with a digital machine 3 times and still never been asked for a printout, in Belgium the bloke had a USB lead to his car. In France he put in his control card and scrolled through the menu, in the UK, he said, oh zb, one of those bloody things, on yer way drive!

Wheel Nut:
And unless the VOSA man is very fat and cannot climb the steps, they do as they have always done and stand on the step to view the display, if they find an anomaly, they may ask for a printout of that day.

I have been stopped with a digital machine 3 times and still never been asked for a printout, in Belgium the bloke had a USB lead to his car. In France he put in his control card and scrolled through the menu, in the UK, he said, oh zb, one of those bloody things, on yer way drive!

Same here in any control when driving a digi, never been asked for a printout. They took it from my card or the VU. They aren’t going to wade through days of printouts when they can analyse the data.

I have been driving only digi vehicles for over 4 years and I doubt I’ve used a whole roll of paper in that time.

repton:

AlexWignall:
Now that I’ve had a digi card truck for a couple of months I’m surprised how quickly the rolls run out.

I had one for 6 months and it was on the same roll at the end as it was at the start. Not sure what you’re doing if you feel they’re running out quickly…

Paul

Although I’ve had a digi card truck before, I’ve only had this truck for a couple of months and I’m not really used to the digi card system yet.

I think I probably do too many printouts to check exactly when I finished work the day before and arrival and departure times at customers.

I’ll probably do less printouts as I get used to the system.

W

ckm1981:
Did my cpc 2 weeks ago and this 7.5hr bore fest was on rules and regs :open_mouth:
You need to have the ability to print out 28 days of working tachos,whever that takes 1 roll or 3 or 300 is irrelevant,YOU MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO PRINT 28 DAYS WORTH IF ASKED.

I reckon you were on the same course as our Roaster in Residence who has insisted that he has had to produce twenty eight days worth of printouts.

I’ve just checked the VOSA handbook again (thank you Coffee) and the rule says that you must have sufficient paper to do a printout as required by an Enforcement Officer. Not a series of twenty eight printouts.

Goes to show what good nights rest can do. As Wheel Nut said THERE’S NO NEED TO SHOUT. It’s only a frikken website mate.

W

Wheel Nut:

AlexWignall:

tachograph:

AlexWignall:
It seems we could be called upon to provide twenty eight days worth of printouts and with the work we do would probably entail using a second tacho roll.

In theory that’s correct but in practice I doubt you would ever be asked to provide printouts beyond the last shift before the last weekly rest period.

That’s what I said Tachograph.

Yet again, I’ve been dismissed as the old duffer who has been driving lorries too long and doesn’t realise that now VOSA are self funding they will refuse to have a pragmatic approach to roadside checks.

Oh well…

W

Self Funding doesn’t mean your FPN money goes to VOSA, it goes to central government just the same as a speeding fine or 15 quid battered wife surcharge

I didn’t know that Wheel Nut. I shall keep that in mind when I hear that particular BS again. Thank you.

W