Tachograph modes in channel tunnel

FFS just admit it you forgot to press the mode button.
[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just a suggestion, but is it possible some new tachos are GPS enabled and so are detecting the movement that way?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

What day does the season of goodwill commence on this forum?

waddy640:

Well said sir. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . Give that man a banana.

Why not ask the chockers, to chain it down for you. :smiley:

Seriously I’m amazed they still employ the chockers, they could save wages. They don’t need chockers or a bus on the Hupac, the driver chicks his own and Walks to the club car [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
Seriously I’m amazed they still employ the chockers, they could save wages. They don’t need chockers or a bus on the Hupac, the driver chicks his own and Walks to the club car [emoji23]

That would mean giving a driver responsibility, and we know the elfs wouldn’t like that, as wouldn’t the rmt. Be members out o a job brother.

biggriffin:

Wheel Nut:

That would mean giving a driver responsibility, and we know the elfs wouldn’t like that, as wouldn’t the rmt. Be members out o a job brother.

Done the chunnel a fair few times,I always wondered if it’s possible to go through it sat in cab without any undue health impacts,pressurisation etc? I know they used to be red hot on counting us onto the charabanc that took drivers to the orient express but I wonder if anyones been tempted to give it a go.Just curious? :open_mouth:

Suspect it would be a bad idea being in the cab due to the number of fires esp in the HGV trains. Really don’t want to be in there if the smoke starts.

I know in cars you gave to keep the windows open due to pressure and its not even open carriage so might affect it.

Only been on the tunnel once in a car and will stick to boat despite getting seasick - at least you can jump into the water.

manalishi:

biggriffin:

Wheel Nut:

Done the chunnel a fair few times,I always wondered if it’s possible to go through it sat in cab without any undue health impacts,pressurisation etc? I know they used to be red hot on counting us onto the charabanc that took drivers to the orient express but I wonder if anyones been tempted to give it a go.Just curious? :open_mouth:

Still are hot on it your counted onto the bus, a few years back I gave a lift to a fella from Fleetwood who worked in Scania Eindhoven once we had booked in at the tunnel had a routine police and VOSA check and the lad got arrested took a good 5 minutes explaining to the bus driver that my passenger was now under arrest, not given any lifts since

The biggest health hazard is getting on that stinking bus

This happened to me for first time the other day! I assumed I’d made a mistake til you posted. I swore and clearly remember putting it on break only to return to find it on other work

trevHCS:
Suspect it would be a bad idea being in the cab due to the number of fires esp in the HGV trains. Really don’t want to be in there if the smoke starts.

I know in cars you gave to keep the windows open due to pressure and its not even open carriage so might affect it.

Only been on the tunnel once in a car and will stick to boat despite getting seasick - at least you can jump into the water.

Actually the reasons for telling you to keep the windows open are :-

1. So that you hear any announcements / alarms to evacuate.

2. Because the gas they release to kill a fire, Halon, needs to mix with all the air in the wagon quickly to to be effective. If the windows on coaches and cars were shut those vehicles would be a source of burnable air that could feed the fire. They have to keep the amount of Halon to a minimum because, well, it might do you more harm than the fire :laughing:

It’s here if you want to read it :-
nist.gov/sites/default/file … 301013.pdf

I have never used the tunnel with a truck but use it 6 to 8 times a year in a car, and have done for a few years. It’s my feeling that the ride has got noticeably rougher over time, and that’s with me getting a nicer “softer” car as I got older :laughing:
It might be just me but years ago you would sit in the car (with the windows shut, despite my post above :blush: ) and hardly notice you were moving. Now there seems to be more bangs and lurches. Could the rolling stock / track be getting a bit tired ? Or maybe I’m just a grumpy old man now :unamused:

thanks for all the help, still happening, advised driver to lower suspension open windows etc but still seems to happen.

cav551:

waddy640:

Well said sir. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . Give that man a banana.

That has racist connotations in this snowflake day and age