Tachograph icons

Can anyone tell me what this little icon means?

I noticed it today and wondered if it was an overspeed
as I may have gone slightly over to about 57- 58 mph but NEVER 60mph at any point!

Incidentally what is the max speed before you have an overspeed infringement and
what will show on the tacho display to warn me?

Lennoxtown:
Can anyone tell me what this little icon means?

I noticed it today and wondered if it was an overspeed
as I may have gone slightly over to about 57- 58 mph but NEVER 60mph at any point!

Incidentally what is the max speed before you have an overspeed infringement and
what will show on the tacho display to warn me?

It means it’s set to local time and not UTC

soubory.proridice.eu/tachografy/pictogramy.pdf

I think you’ll find that’s the symbol that shows the tachograph is in operational mode i.e. has a driver card inserted as opposed to any other card.

If it was local time it would have a black dot about the same size as the symbol shown and on the left next to the time.

I’ve just found this for you on Youtube.

youtu.be/rfzZ4ag1Hng?t=2m4s

bald bloke:
http://soubory.proridice.eu/tachografy/pictogramy.pdf

That’s handy! Cheers

tachograph:
I’ve just found this for you on Youtube.

youtu.be/rfzZ4ag1Hng?t=2m4s

Thanks Tachograph

tachograph:
I think you’ll find that’s the symbol that shows the tachograph is in operational mode i.e. has a driver card inserted as opposed to any other card.

If it was local time it would have a black dot about the same size as the symbol shown and on the left next to the time.

Most helpful mate! After 7 years away from HGV’s I’m still fairly conversant with the drivers
hours and WTD… I seem to be struggling more with operating the actual tachograph equipment
and keep buggering my manual entries up! :blush:

Done it again today at Royal Mail… half way through a manual entry I went to change the mode
to rest and mistakenly pushed the eject button and it displayed ‘Ejection not possible’ and wouldn’t
let me do any more, so another half done procedure, Lol

Guess I’ll be shown the error of my ways soon when the analyse my card :smiley: