Tachograph hacking

I work in a tachograph workshop and there were times when the traffic control came to us with manipulated trucks. I saw and i uninstalled quite a few types, the old ones with remote controls, buttons, etc…these are “old” technology and i kind of get the idea of how they work and how they do it. In the last few runs they came with software manipulations and USB stick ( also modifed software in tacho ).
I made this post here because i’ve seen in the past similar posts and I am very interested in the technical aspect of this, who does this, how they do it, how it works…
Maybe this is not the best place to ask these questions but any information helps and i believe people who work in this field ( drivers ) know quite a few things, maybe they heard for someone ( the good old stories from the parking lot ) or can share any valuable information about this.What i’ve found until now about this is that these manipulations exist, for example you can check this website from the traffic control in Poland where they post a lot about what they find ( witd.kielce.pl/ ) and quite interesting is that the trucks that were caught had the exact same method of activating the manipulation, first you have to add the pin code then you press two buttons to stop the tacho, these trucks were from different countries. So i guess what happens someone distributes this hack to “mules” in different countries and then they just install it.Same goes with the USB stick, they all look the same yet the trucks are from different countries.

I have tried to contact the user “AndrewG” because he seems to know quite a few about this subject but i can’t figure out how to send PM’s on this forum :smiley: I send it and it goes to outbox instead of sent message.

Excellent first post!
Keep pressing the buttons mate!

Before the inevitable lock I’d like to ask; sweet Jesus, just how desperate for attention do you have to be? Have you no shame?

AndrewG hasn’t posted for a long time. I think the lovely Karla dun for him,or the 700 FH disappeared :laughing:

I would like to know, how strictly for a research paper I could write… :smiley:

biggriffin:
AndrewG hasn’t posted for a long time. I think the lovely Karla dun for him,or the 700 FH disappeared :laughing:

Was that the guy from Spain ?

A WARD:

biggriffin:

Was that the guy from Spain ?

Yup.

Milodon’s best mate as far as I remember. :smiley:

robroy:

They did get on well :slight_smile:

toonsy:

robroy:

It was…

Like tuning into the latest instalment of The Archers.

Someone sold someone a dodgy F7 if my memory serves me well?

yourhavingalarf:

toonsy:

robroy:

It was…

Like tuning into the latest instalment of The Archers.

Someone sold someone a dodgy F7 if my memory serves me well?

Think it went along the lines of …
Andrew reckons he sold Milodon a truck in the 80s, and Milodon reckoned it was knackered, but Milodon reckons he was around 10 years old then, (must have been a Corgi :smiley: ) and that he does not know Andrew from Adam, and says that Andrew is a fantasist, his truck, his Spanish Mrs,.and his Spanish gaff are imagination pigments.
Not sure who Adam is btw :smiley:
Oooh the drama on Trucknet eh? :smiley:
Tune in next week for the next episode where Milodon clocks the thread and gives his latest comments, and Andrew is resurrected, and will it all kick off again…only on ‘Trucknet Soap’. :smiley:
youtu.be/NR-oaz9BReA

Was in the bank the other day - got me thinking about safes - anybody on here know anything about cracking them or blowing them up - after all apparently 90% of us are bent so I was kinda just wondering if anybody does this stuff in their free time :smiley: :smiley:

××snipped for brevity ■■■ maybe they heard for someone ( the good old stories from the parking lot ) or can share any valuable information about this.What i’ve found until now about this is that these manipulations exist, for example[ b ] you can check this website from the traffic control in Poland where they post a lot about what they find ( witd.kielce.pl/ ) [/b] and quite interesting is that the trucks that were caught had the exact same method of activating the xxxx snipped for brevity

Alleen als je Pools spreekt…

Socketset:
Was in the bank the other day - got me thinking about safes - anybody on here know anything about cracking them or blowing them up - after all apparently 90% of us are bent so I was kinda just wondering if anybody does this stuff in their free time :smiley: :smiley:

Are you recruiting?
I reckon I’m qualified, I’ve seen every episode of ‘The Sweeney’ about 10x over,.AND I know somebody who would lend us a Mk 11 Jag.
So if you need a getaway man, I’m yer baby. :sunglasses: :smiley:
We need a man who knows ADR to sort the explosives.
Oh yeh, and a couple of faces who can handle themselves , I’m getting a bit long in the tooth now for all that, we need youth.
There’s a couple of self confessed grasses on here so keep schtum :wink: :bulb:
As a bonus I have a mate who is a natural blagger, he’s so ugly he won’t need a stocking over his swede.

Get back to me.

Socketset:

Anyone remember the myth busters safe cracking episode where they filled it with water?

There’s probably a YouTube video on it somewhere but i can’t be bothered to look.

robroy:

Socketset:

Are you recruiting?
I reckon I’m qualified, I’ve seen every episode of ‘The Sweeney’ about 10x over,.AND I know somebody who would lend us a Mk 11 Jag.
So if you need a getaway man, I’m yer baby. :sunglasses: :smiley:
We need a man who knows ADR to sort the explosives.
Oh yeh, and a couple of faces who can handle themselves , I’m getting a bit long in the tooth now for all that, we need youth.
There’s a couple of self confessed grasses on here so keep schtum :wink: :bulb:
As a bonus I have a mate who is a natural blagger, he’s so ugly he won’t need a stocking over his swede.

Get back to me.

I watched Hatton Garden job last week, so am all clued up, just need a wheel man, was finking the Sleaford Shunter, chuck him a coffee, and he’ll be on, then we need a knocker, so that Dan gezzers handy wif a gas axe, only charges warm beer.

Sorry we’re out of oxygen at the min got plenty of acetylene & propane though :unamused:

Punchy Dan:
Sorry we’re out of oxygen at the min got plenty of acetylene & propane though :unamused:

That’ll do,…

biggriffin:
I watched Hatton Garden job last week, so am all clued up, just need a wheel man, was finking the Sleaford Shunter, chuck him a coffee, and he’ll be on, then we need a knocker, so that Dan gezzers handy wif a gas axe, only charges warm beer.

I’m in. I’ll even bring my own coffee. As we’re keeping this in house we need to recruit a fall guy to take the rap in case it all goes breasts north, someone from the TNUK ranks, someone who’s thicker than a Yaks coat. Any ideas?

the maoster:
someone from the TNUK ranks, someone who’s thicker than a Yaks coat. Any ideas?

No shortage of takers on that score I reck. :laughing:
Who’s gonna be brave enough to put names to nominees. :smiley:

the maoster:

biggriffin:

I’m in. I’ll even bring my own coffee. As we’re keeping this in house we need to recruit a fall guy to take the rap in case it all goes breasts north, someone from the TNUK ranks, someone who’s thicker than a Yaks coat. Any ideas?

Dozy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: