Tachograph checking

Is it legal for another driver to check your Tachograph, by doing a print out ,doing the same route, with the same drops you did the previous day and what breaks you had ?
Or is this an invasion of privacy ?

It’s my understanding that another driver cannot check your tachograph without physically having your card in his/her possession. I believe that they can download vehicle data if in possession of a company card, which I doubt they’ll have as a driver, but your information is personal to you and the analysis software obviously.

Happy to be corrected.

the maoster:
It’s my understanding that another driver cannot check your tachograph without physically having your card in his/her possession. I believe that they can download vehicle data if in possession of a company card, which I doubt they’ll have as a driver, but your information is personal to you and the analysis software obviously.

Happy to be corrected.

A driver put in his card , and did a print out of the previous day in the vehicle.

It’ll have been a printout of HIS previous day in whatever vehicle he was driving, not yours

the maoster:
It’ll have been a printout of HIS previous day in whatever vehicle he was driving, not yours

He did a print out of the vehicle data, the vehicle i was driving the previous day.

If Police or Operator downloads the previous days vehicle use, will that show who the driver was? I think so. If YOU a driver downloads the previous days vehicle use will that show who the driver was?
I don`t know.

Is vehicle use actually personal information within the meaning of any law?
I don`t know.
What does it reveal about the person? The driver. Is that confidential?

If someone looks at what a vehicle did previously, and they happen to know from other means who drove it, then maybe they are being a nosey git, but is that illegal at all?
I don`t know.

No answers here :smiley:
Just questions.

Skytunes:

the maoster:

He did a print out of the vehicle data, the vehicle i was driving the previous day.

Again with the caveat that I’m happy to be proved wrong I think the driver is talking bull manure. What about GDPR?

the maoster:

Skytunes:

the maoster:

Again with the caveat that I’m happy to be proved wrong I think the driver is talking bull manure. What about GDPR?

You don’t even need to put a driver or company card in

I don’t know the legality of it but if it’s the vehicle you always drive I’d be telling him to stay the [zb] out of the vehicle :smiling_imp:

If you don’t always drive the same vehicle I doubt that there’s anything you can do about it apart from telling him to mind his own business.

Skytunes:
Is it legal for another driver to check your Tachograph, by doing a print out ,doing the same route, with the same drops you did the previous day and what breaks you had ?

It’s an odd thing to do isn’t it?
an invasion of privacy i wouldn’t say it was per say but why is he doing it?

It’s to help on driving times/breaks etc■■?

Anyway there’s not much you can do to stop it i think, anybody can do a vehicle print out i believe but i can’t remember for the life of me if it shows driver name.

Skytunes:

Tell us the full story for a full answer
Are you saying the printed the Prev day data and then drive the same route? More to it than just a printout !

I’ve never had a reason to do a vehicle printout, but I know the option is there.

In any case, if the driver has told you he/she has done this, I would simply start to blank the driver (indefinitely) unless some sort of interaction is absolutely necessary to carry out your duties.

Unless the driver card being used on the day in question is present in the VU when the VU data is printed then the printout will be anonymized. The drivers’ name will be completely missing and only every other character of the driver card number will be shown.

If the printout is made with a Company Card (that the VU is ‘locked in’ to) or a Control Card or Workshop Card inserted then all data will be displayed.

As the data is anonymized there is no issue with GDPR because the printout will not show personal identifiable data.

Question is why does he want to see?
Does he want to check your not taking to many breaks during your shift. So he can grass you up.
Or is he trying to see why your getting round so quick

edd1974:
Question is why does he want to see?

Seconded.

As Acorn said, you really should give us the whole story, the partial information simply raises a rake of questions.

Someone’s…

Knocked an hour off the run somewhere lol.

my gut feeling is that someone might have tipped on break when they shouldn’t have (Tail lift, etc)

njl:
my gut feeling is that someone might have tipped on break when they shouldn’t have (Tail lift, etc)

Possibly…

Tipped 3 times and had 15 at each.

woosh

yourhavingalarf:

njl:

Possibly…

Tipped 3 times and had 15 at each.

woosh

Those were the days :slight_smile:

Pretty sure, unless its a Company card, a personal card will only show what you have done and nothing else. When the T.O does your periodic card check it will not show anybody else`s records