Tachograph charts for a part time driver 28 days?

Hi Everyone,

I no a full time driver has to keep his tachograph records for 28 days but what about our semi retired part time driver he only sometimes drives once or twice per week.

Does he just have to fill a tachograph in and just put rest when he is not working? (which he is currently doing) or just fill a tackograph in when he is driving and just keep 28 working days worth?

Regards
Craig

I Dont always do full time, I always do rest day charts for non work days and have a signed attestation from the company, I will try to attach a blank attestation to this post, its in word and should be filled in on computer, printed then signed.

Steve

A message came up that the document is not allowed, if you send me your email address I will send you a copy

Craig@JEMTrans:
just fill a tackograph in when he is driving and just keep 28 working days worth?

That bit … 28 calendar days not working days

The nature of our work means we have many non driving days, spoke to Vosa or DVSA as it is now, about what they wanted.

VOSA chaps seem happy enough with a diary entry, time sheet or any sort of record of your start and finish times. To make sure you’ve had sufficient breaks in that week.

If you’re running abroad then you should have the official letter of atesttation, filled in on computer and signed.

I don’t have them for weekly breaks on weekends, the guidence notes for the say there is no need. I do keep the guidence notes in several languages though.

Funnily enough I was just sent this DVSA Blog this morning. Does anyone else subscribe to Moving On? I am sure that was an advertising tagline on a famous Irishski operator :stuck_out_tongue:

The law states that drivers must carry tachograph records for the days where they have driven a truck or bus which falls within scope of the regulations. They must also carry manual records for non-driving work days between weekly rests when driving takes place in the same week.

Drivers must produce these records for the date of travel and the previous 28 days. Drivers who have a digital tachograph driver card must carry it at all times — even if they haven’t yet used it.

Last year, our enforcement staff had to prohibit over 2,300 UK and 630 non-UK drivers from continuing their journey because they were not carrying enough tachograph records.

Drivers who do not carry enough records could be fined up to £300 and their vehicles immobilised for up to 45 hours. This in turn can affect your Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS), and increase the chances of your vehicles being stopped again in future.

Don’t all operators get emailed Moving On?

I would think with the paper version, before they cost cut emailing it, there was an off chance someone might flick through it but I bet a lot of the emails go straight in junk/spam unread.