Tachograph card problem!

Hi guys can anyone help me I’m having problems with my tachograph card after one hours work it will flash up that I need a break . This has happened to me twice now but in the same tractor unit so is it my card or the truck ■■? If anyone has heared of this happening would appreciate your feedback.

Infinitykid:
Hi guys can anyone help me I’m having problems with my tachograph card after one hours work it will flash up that I need a break . This has happened to me twice now but in the same tractor unit so is it my card or the truck ■■? If anyone has heared of this happening would appreciate your feedback.

your not doing your man entries correctly when your putting your card in on the next shift …

nick2008:

Infinitykid:

your not doing your man entries correctly when your putting your card in on the next shift …

This would be my guess to.

Or perhaps more likely not doing manual entries at-all, and not noticing that that you’re recording other work for the time you’ve been on rest.

What is a manual entry?? Ive seen it ask me… :neutral_face: I just put my card in every morning, press no to manual entry, wait the 15mins driver checks so I dont get an infringment then do one out of the yard… im right as rain for 4.5hrs/6hrs…■■ Eject it at end of the day and go home.

Thanks for the feedback I have been doing manual entry’s since we had the digi tacos fitted so I don’t think it’s this. So I will have to keep an eye on it thanks

Infinitykid:
Thanks for the feedback I have been doing manual entry’s since we had the digi tacos fitted so I don’t think it’s this. So I will have to keep an eye on it thanks

are you using the same truck every day ?

make sure your doing the entries correctly MM had a similar prob he wasn’t finishing his day off properly and adding his rest in when putting the card back in. Also he found by going from a new truck to an older one and back to the new truck the man entry input’s were different…

bodycarelad:
What is a manual entry?? Ive seen it ask me… :neutral_face: I just put my card in every morning, press no to manual entry, wait the 15mins driver checks so I dont get an infringment then do one out of the yard… im right as rain for 4.5hrs/6hrs…■■ Eject it at end of the day and go home.

youtube.com/watch?v=l_K0HEA029Q

Are you using POA during the day at all? There was someone here who was getting warnings flash up but was in fact legal.

i had this situation 1 time.i come to work-make manual entry and drive.after some 2 hours tacho ready flashing and show me who ready 4.15.i care on drive till delivery point.after make printout and found who i press no for break between shift,but for other job and tacho count my driving time from last break 2 day before.but when i back to base company make download,and Tachomaster not show any infrigement

nick2008:

Infinitykid:

are you using the same truck every day ?

The twice it’s happened to me it’s been in the same tractor unit . Before this episode I had gone 13 months without a infringement now I’ve had two in a week.

nick2008:
make sure your doing the entries correctly MM had a similar prob he wasn’t finishing his day off properly and adding his rest in when putting the card back in. Also he found by going from a new truck to an older one and back to the new truck the man entry input’s were different…

Yes this is happening in a 2013 daf but the 59 plates are no problem . I know the input method has changed from the older trucks to the new models

Andrejs:
i had this situation 1 time.i come to work-make manual entry and drive.after some 2 hours tacho ready flashing and show me who ready 4.15.i care on drive till delivery point.after make printout and found who i press no for break between shift,but for other job and tacho count my driving time from last break 2 day before.but when i back to base company make download,and Tachomaster not show any

Infinitykid:
The twice it’s happened to me it’s been in the same tractor unit . Before this episode I had gone 13 months without a infringement now I’ve had two in a week.

Are the vehicles all the same age and have the same “version” of tacho :question:

Mistakes are usually made with the “newer” 1.4 tacho.

redboxer850:

Infinitykid:

Are the vehicles all the same age and have the same “version” of tacho :question:

Mistakes are usually made with the “newer” 1.4 tacho.

We have a fleet of 59 dafs and a fleet of 2013 dafs the new ones have the newer tacho in. Now the twice this has happened I’ve been driving the same 2013 truck but upto this past two weeks I have not had a infringement for 13 months now twice in the same truck . I have driven all the 13 plates for the past 7 months with no problem at all .

Infinitykid:
I have not had a infringement for 13 months now twice in the same truck

Has anybody else had an infringement in that truck :question:

I would think your not ending your work right ie man entries to be honest… before you eject your card put the tacho in rest / break mode … and do the same before you insert your card .

nick2008:
I would think your not ending your work right ie man entries to be honest… before you eject your card put the tacho in rest / break mode … and do the same before you insert your card .

Ok thanks