Tachograph card printouts holder

boredwivdrivin:
If they accuse you of breaking 90 hour fortnight or taking an illegal rest …

How can u defend yourself without it wtitten down ?

no need to write it down,tells you on your tacho head

i have Log-In Details of Tachomaster now. So dont need Printouts.
earlier i stored it in ASDA Food Storage i bought for £1.-

Looks like ive wasted £1 on a diary .

Dont understand how that shows me ANY 2 weeks driving total , just this week and lasts .

Doesnt show me how many reduçed breaks ive taken , when i must finish weekly rest or WTD ■■

Ill stick to analogue til it does

boredwivdrivin:

Dont understand how that shows me ANY 2 weeks driving total , just this week and lasts .

Doesnt show me how many reduçed breaks ive taken , when i must finish weekly rest or WTD ■■

Just select driver display and the date you want to look at, there is no legal requirement for you to keep printouts.

Also you’re company will probably use Tachomaster where all the information you require is there in minute detail.

boredwivdrivin:
U must have a better tacho system than me .

Mine doesnt show previous driving time weekly totals , how many reduced breaks ive taken , WTD conformity and doesnt easily satisfy need to keep records .

If u write everything in diary and do running totals , attach any printouts …

U can answer any questions immediately and avoid fines .

Best practice and covers your arse

For example ive driven 40 hours this week and boss gives me an 8 hour drive tomorrow .

How am i going to know if i can legally do this if i only have information of last weeks driving on my card ■■?

Your card holds more than a week. Have you been stopped by VOSA? Because unless you have infringements they’ll simply take your card into the office and look at the details themselves, they won’t be interested in your bits of paper. The card and information upon it does cover all legal record keeping requirements. I’d say you could do with a lesson on how to use the tachograph.

boredwivdrivin:

I’m surprised your company hasn’t commented on the rate at which you burn through tachograph rolls!

Sounds like he could be single handedly responsible for deforestation…

Ta wondered what that left hand bottom meant with al them hours !!!:oops: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Jesus H Christ! digital tacho? details stored on it! why print daily? some people shouldn’t be allowed out, ffs,

Sapper

do you dont need records for your workingtime stored up to 3 years?

i belive its 2 yrs records that have to be kept and when your card is downloaded every month its recorded on a computer that is also made into a hard copy ie cd\dvd rom
also the tacho head is downloaded every 3 months
i got pulled by vosa for a random check and they did a printout of my card and also downloaded my tacho head as well as doing a mini mot which was all clear and correct (brownie points from the boss lol)
i was not asked to produce any printouts from my tacho

ER no! i download the tacho head every 28 days of my vehicle and I think it has to be done at least by day 56, so I do not know where you get your information

Sapper

The legislation changed in 2015. The Vehicle Unit needs to be downloaded at least every 90 days (used to be 56).

As for hard copy on DVD etc … Not required but a back of the original files would be best practice. I back the data up to a usb hard drive as well as online cloud type back up. Better be safe than sorry.

Data for EU Rules only needs to be kept for 12 months. WTD is 24 months