Tachodisc Card Printout

Is it possible to buy a gadget that can read a drivers card at home and print it out? I’ve seen a few gadgets on scambay but not sure what I’m really looking for.
Most of my work has been with analogue tachos, my ‘new’ Agency wants a printout after every shift, it would be easier if I could email it to them.

Not really, no. The cheapest card reader that produces something that you can see is about £30 but it cannot transfer the data to a printer to give a hard copy.

Whilst card readers can be bought for a few pounds they need some software behind them to be able to download the data from the card and turn it into something that makes any sense - unless you want to sit translating hexadecimal code. The software usually starts at £100 plus.

I’d suggest that if the agency really want printouts then they buy you a few rolls of paper. You printout at the end of each shift, scan the printout and e-mail it to them. Of course they will want to pay you for all the time that you spend doing this, won’t they?

I guess they want to do this so they can create working time records, which they and not the vehicle operator are responsible for.

Thanks for the reply.
Scan and email it’ll have to be then, what a pita.