Tacho? What mode?

What mode would you set your tacho to?

I come in the morning, find out what wagon I’m driving. Do my daily checks in another yard drive over to another yard. Then wait to get loaded 2-3 hours.
Usually sat watching YouTube browsing Facebook. So free to dispose of my time as I please til I’m called round to get loaded.

What mode would you have your tacho on for those 2-3 hours? Waiting time is unknown, could be an hour or could be 3-4

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jmarks1227:

I come in the morning, find out what wagon I’m driving. Do my daily checks in another yard drive over to another yard. Then wait to get loaded 2-3 hours.
Usually sat watching YouTube browsing Facebook. So free to dispose of my time as I please til I’m called round to get loaded.

What mode would you have your tacho on for those 2-3 hours? Waiting time is unknown, could be an hour or could be 3-4

I had the same last night I just slapped it on break for what ended up being 2.5 hrs.
When you say free to dispose of your time why not go home.
If you can’t then it’s not free to dispose of but time for recouperateion.
Pedantic maybe but there is a difference in the legal terms.

Like I said bang it on break unless you don’t get paid breaks

free to dispose of my time

Break

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Seems weird to start work. Do 15 minutes other work. Drive 5 minutes then have a 3 hour break [emoji23] not complaining though.

Jmarks1227:
Seems weird to start work. Do 15 minutes other work. Drive 5 minutes then have a 3 hour break [emoji23] not complaining though.

Gives you a clean start.
I started last night 16:00
Did 15 min drive .
Washed the unit did some yard work for half hr then break for 2.5 hrs then did a quick collection over the bridge in total about 3hrs work in a 9 hr shift :wink:

Peter Smythe:

free to dispose of my time

Break

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Naughty :unamused:

other work if your beancounting for tesco-stobart.
or
if your working for any normal type company then straight onto break as soon as the wheels stop turning.

Jmarks1227:

Being a bit pedantic but unless you’re free to leave the yard you’re not really free to dispose of your time as you please so technically it’s not rest but can be break.

You can put the tachograph on break or other work, technically you can’t use POA because you have no idea how long you will be waiting but to be honest no-ones ever likely to know that so please your self.

In situations like that I always put the tachograph on break, if the break is 3 hours or more it gives you a chance of doing a 15 hour shift (without using a reduced daily rest period) if you get held up and want to get home, it’s unlikely that anyone would know or care that you couldn’t really dispose of your time freely, so you can use whatever tachograph mode suits you really.