Tacho warning message at bottom of printout

Hi guys, finished my shift today and didn’t seem to have any problems, I had my card read at the end and wasn’t told i’d committed any infringements. I did take a general 24hr daily printout for my own records because I’m working on the agency. At the bottom of the printout there’s a section for ‘warnings and messages on the card’ which i seem to have a few of. I had 5 of them between the time of 15:41 and 15:42

The warning symbols are the ones for driving ‘without a valid card’ or a ‘faulty card’, however I put my card in in the morning and didn’t take it out all day. I’m wondering why it would randomly warn me 8 hours into a shift that my card isn’t valid/is faulty

Should I be worried or do tachographs tend to do this sometimes? Thanks.

EDIT: The warnings are dated ‘28.07.2017’ but I didn’t drive that day and hadn’t used my card since a couple of weeks earlier

Near the bottom of the printout there are 2 sections for events, the first one is for card events and the second one is for vehicle events.

Are you sure you’re looking at the correct events list ?

• The card events have the card symbol in the middle of the dotted line.
  • The vehicle events have the vehicle symbol in the middle of the dotted line.

tachograph:
Near the bottom of the printout there are 2 sections for events, the first one is for card events and the second one is for vehicle events.

You’re absolutely spot on mate, looking at it a second time the section with the card symbol is empty and it’s the one with the vehicle symbol that has the warnings

Am I right in thinking I’ve done nothing wrong and shouldn’t worry about the vehicle warnings? Thanks for that though Tachograph, I was stumped :laughing:

Redrum:

tachograph:

You’re absolutely spot on mate, looking at it a second time the section with the card symbol is empty and it’s the one with the vehicle symbol that has the warnings

Am I right in thinking I’ve done nothing wrong and shouldn’t worry about the vehicle warnings? Thanks for that though Tachograph, I was stumped :laughing:

Nowt to worry about as someone was driving it around the yard without a card in it happens a lot at some firms.

As bald bloke said, vehicles get moved around the yard without a card quite a lot on some companies so ignore the events.

The only time vehicle events should concern you is when you’ve been driving the vehicle :smiley: :wink:

A printout shows the last five error events on the driver card that’s in the vehicle unit, followed by the last five on the VU.

The ones on the card list the event type, date, time and registration number of the vehicle the occurred in. The ones in the VU section list the event, date and time, since they relate the the vehicle the print was done from.

Its quite normal to see “driving without card” events for short durations if the vehicles are being moved by yard staff.

Nice one fellas, Thanks alot

I’m actually starting to feel a lot more confident using the tacho now, I’d actually only used one once before today but got in and made a manual entry with no problems after watching youtube videos and taking notes. I’m 7.5tonning doing multi drop so I’m only actually driving for about 5 or 6 hours a day with a lot of hand balling in between (sometimes 20 drops but I’ve got to start somewhere and experience is experience).

If I start at 6:30am I know I have to have a break before 12:30pm because of the WTD 6 hour rule (despite having driving time), so if I pull up at 12:20 and stick it on break for 45 minutes I’ll then have another 4h30m driving time at 1:05 which will definitely see me through to my shift end at 5pm. I usually work a 10.5 or an 11 hour day. Quick question is the 45 minute break I take at 12:20 long enough to keep me in good stead with the WTD on an 11 hour shift?

Thanks again

Redrum:
Nice one fellas, Thanks alot

I’m actually starting to feel a lot more confident using the tacho now, I’d actually only used one once before today but got in and made a manual entry with no problems after watching youtube videos and taking notes. I’m 7.5tonning doing multi drop so I’m only actually driving for about 5 or 6 hours a day with a lot of hand balling in between (sometimes 20 drops but I’ve got to start somewhere and experience is experience).

If I start at 6:30am I know I have to have a break before 12:30pm because of the WTD 6 hour rule (despite having driving time), so if I pull up at 12:20 and stick it on break for 45 minutes I’ll then have another 4h30m driving time at 1:05 which will definitely see me through to my shift end at 5pm. I usually work a 10.5 or an 11 hour day. Quick question is the 45 minute break I take at 12:20 long enough to keep me in good stead with the WTD on an 11 hour shift?

Thanks again

LEGAL for driving & WTD

Cheers ROG and others, that’s all of my questions answered for the minute - just wanted to double check I was in line with both driving time and WTD

No doubt I’ll be back here picking your brains again at some point in the near future :smiley: