Tacho ? total newbie

Ok so im starting a days class 2 work tomorrow but have only used a tacho once and that was whilst i was learning, what is the procedure, when i get i know to stick it in when i doing my checks and setting the time to when i first started work, but when it comes to my breaks etc what do i do ? sorry for the stupid question

Make a note when you start. Time wise Like 6:00 ETC. Crossed hammers if you not driving. 10 min on hammers in the morning for vehicle check.

Take either 15 min and 30 min breaks before 6h working time or 4,5 h drive time whichever comes first. If start at 6:00 make sure you have your breaks sorted no later than before 12:00

When you get close to Drive time limit Tacho wil start flashing at 4,15 min. It will not warn you about 6 h working time.

Do a print out at the end of a day and if you wish, post it here for explanation and more info from the big boys.

And when it starts flashing at 4.15 and I pull over to take my break will the tacho automatically switch to rest or do I have to set it ?

Print out is only needed if something odd has happened that needs to be clarified. Normally, no print out - just a waste of paper.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Won’t automatically switch to rest you have to set that yourself,on the one I use you press 1 to change the mode.
I used a tacho for the first time this week and it not as hard as I thought. Don’t panic.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yzx9p87EVWo
Try this

Thanks everyone I got through it with no problems [emoji12]