Tacho Suppliers?

What’s the best/easiest way to have a tacho retro fitted to a vehicle? a friend of mine has just bought a 16 seater minibus for taxi work, but it has no tacho. I would imagine a digital unit is preferable, but I have absoulutely no idea of the cost involved, or where you need to go to get one fitted :confused:

I was unaware that a vehicle like this needed one :confused:

Are they over 3.5 tonnes :question: - or do different rules apply :question:

Any vehicle with more than 8 passenger seats used for hire/reward, needs a tacho! it only came into force last year, so us taxi lads are a bit new to it all lol

ROG:
I was unaware that a vehicle like this needed one :confused:

Are they over 3.5 tonnes :question: - or do different rules apply :question:

Hi ROG, here’s your answer…

Article 2

1. This Regulation shall apply to the carriage by road:

(a) of goods where the maximum permissible mass of the
vehicle, including any trailer, or semi-trailer, exceeds
3,5 tonnes, or

(b) of passengers by vehicles which are constructed or
permanently adapted for carrying more than nine
persons including the driver, and are intended for that
purpose.

:open_mouth: This has been out for ages, cos even Shakespeare knew: “2(b) or not 2(b) that is the question.” :grimacing:

Thanks DD - I now know :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:
Thanks DD - I now know :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:blush: :blush: Sorry ROG I forgot the other part of the quote:

…or whether 'tis nobler … to suffer the slings and arrows of an analogue tachograph, or opt for one of those new digital jobbies… :wink:

Robster_1981:
What’s the best/easiest way to have a tacho retro fitted to a vehicle? a friend of mine has just bought a 16 seater minibus for taxi work, but it has no tacho. I would imagine a digital unit is preferable, but I have absoulutely no idea of the cost involved, or where you need to go to get one fitted :confused:

try a tacho calibration centre

Clicky