Tacho rules

I always get a 15min break in the morning. Card in, quick walk round, drive through yard to office - select break, make coffee, talk bollox with other drivers and after 15mins drive off.

Baggie:
I often have to wait a couple of hours for my load :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
So,it’s card in,reverse onto bay (about 45 seconds of driving),and then at some point during those 2 hours of other work,I have a 15.
Never had a problem,but the “experts” at our place reckon that you have to drive at least (insert your own figure here) mins before you can have a 15…sad really :unamused: :unamused:

That’s fine, because you have actually recorded at least a minutes driving time. Whereas the OP does zero driving before putting it on break.

F-reds:

Baggie:
I often have to wait a couple of hours for my load :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
So,it’s card in,reverse onto bay (about 45 seconds of driving),and then at some point during those 2 hours of other work,I have a 15.
Never had a problem,but the “experts” at our place reckon that you have to drive at least (insert your own figure here) mins before you can have a 15…sad really :unamused: :unamused:

That’s fine, because you have actually recorded at least a minutes driving time. Whereas the OP does zero driving before putting it on break.

Agreed !! just needs to roll his wagon a few feet…sorted :wink:

It is correct that our good friend (EEC) 3821/85 was repealed; finally in March 2016. The replacement legislation (EU) 165/2014 does not directly tell us how the new digital Tachograph will assign time to activities, nor does it have reference to the current series of digital Tachographs (or even the previous series!). But then it doesn’t need to!

Article 4.8 and 4.9 basically say that supplementary legislation will tell us how the Tachograph will assign time and require that all digitals will be interoperable; in other words, any Driver Card, Workshop Card, Company Card or Control Card will work with any Tachograph. Haven’t found the supplementary legislation published yet, but a recent Transport Select Committee was told that the introduction date for ‘Smartach’ (the next generation of digital) is due to be around 2019.

In the meantime the Stoneridge SE5000 Exact Duo2 (surely the longest name for a Tachograph model) may be set using a Company Card to ignore periods of availability in the calculation of break. The Tachograph in it’s standard form will sum break in the manner described in
(EC)1360/2002; described by both Shep and Tachograph. The deletetion of POA in the calculation of ‘break’ is an extra function and doesn’t come under the Regulation, a bit like Tachographs defaulting to particular modes when the ignition is turned on or off, which started back in 2007. I don’t know if the SiemensVDO 1381 in its’ latest incarnation may be set to do the same thing. It is possible that the setting may only be adjusted when using a Workshop Card; just like the mode selection at ignition on or off currently is.

geebee45:
I don’t know if the SiemensVDO 1381 in its’ latest incarnation may be set to do the same thing. It is possible that the setting may only be adjusted when using a Workshop Card; just like the mode selection at ignition on or off currently is.

As far as I can tell the latest Siemens/VDO can be set but only with a workshop card.

I find it odd that Stoneridge had the sense to allow certain changes by Company Card yet VDO thought otherwise.

You do realise that 4:30 minutes driving is the maximum.

It’s not a target, it’s not mandatory, you won’t get sacked if you don’t drive for 4:30 hours. Why not drive for say… two hours and then have some time off?

Not a ■■■■ thing they can do if you choose to stop for fifteen minutes to stretch your legs. Even better, try a 25 minute break, that only counts as a fifteen.

yourhavingalarf:
You do realise that 4:30 minutes driving is the maximum.

It’s not a target, it’s not mandatory, you won’t get sacked if you don’t drive for 4:30 hours. Why not drive for say… two hours and then have some time off?

Not a ■■■■ thing they can do if you choose to stop for fifteen minutes to stretch your legs. Even better, try a 25 minute break, that only counts as a fifteen.

so does 44 mins. :grimacing: