Tacho repair- rip off!

The clock on my auto tacho has developed an intermittant fault. i .e stop start stop
diagnosed as break in the ribbon wire- can not be replaced

Cost to replace £380!!!

If that is not extortion then what is ■■?

Blimey, that’s a bit steep! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Thank goodness for R + M. :smiley:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :cry:

Think thats bad?

The 02 plate MAN that I was using until recently when it went back to the hire company,developed a tacho fault within 2 days of me getting it,and it went in for a new head.

As it was one of the new cassette type,the replacement cost £600.Thank god my company didn’t have to pay that!!

of the 29 weve got on hire for xmas, theres not a day goes by when Im not on the phone the hire Co saying “we got a problem with a tacho fault”
it usually turns out to be an agency driver whos not familiar with the slide out digital ones on an axor. usually they end up not putting the chart under the stylus before they close the draw. or they leave the draw open after finnishing their shift, and as theyre getting out with their bag, they hit the slide outdraw with the bag and bend it, (result, bill for vandalism for damage to tacho), 15 new tacho heads later in hire trucks.
Oh and the Co policy of havin the trucks fuel up on return is gonna back fire on em,coz they`re gonna end up with 29 tank fulls of diesel headin outa the gate (circa £10K free to the hire Co) when we de-hire em