Tacho regs

Hi, Guys
Just started a double manner trunker job, my question is whilst driver 1 drives should driver 2 push tacho button to break, as the the rules on driver hours suggests the first 45 minutes is his break whilst chilling, if this is the case once we get to our first drop off we wont have to sit and wait whilst we both have a 45 minute break, therefore we could be finished a little earlier each day. :smiley:

Bonsaiman:
Hi, Guys
Just started a double manner trunker job, my question is whilst driver 1 drives should driver 2 push tacho button to break, as the the rules on driver hours suggests the first 45 minutes is his break whilst chilling, if this is the case once we get to our first drop off we wont have to sit and wait whilst we both have a 45 minute break, therefore we could be finished a little earlier each day. :smiley:

As far as I’m aware you can’t record break for the second driver whilst the vehicle is moving on a digital tachograph, but as long as you’re double manning VOSA will count the first 45 minutes of POA for the second driver as break whilst he/she is sat in the passenger seat.

So you should be able to get home a little earlier each day :wink:

tachograph:

Bonsaiman:
Hi, Guys

As far as I’m aware you can’t record break for the second driver whilst the vehicle is moving on a digital tachograph, but as long as you’re double manning VOSA will count the first 45 minutes of POA for the second driver as break whilst he/she is sat in the passenger seat.

So you should be able to get home a little earlier each day :wink:

when i’ve double manned and i have been the passanger seat, when the drivers wtd time comes up or his tacho time runs low we swap over so i start on a clean slate and he gets his wtd/taco breaks in and we get home a bit ealier…

just a P.I.T.A doing the manual entieries to account for the missing 1 minute when swapping cards.

cheers for the quick answers, good news thanks
IT,s GOOD TO LEARN!!!

Bonsaiman:
cheers for the quick answers, good news thanks
IT,s GOOD TO LEARN!!!

bish bash bosh, JOB DONE - 3 posts and sorted :smiley: :smiley:

count your self lucky your not currently inputting your start and finish times into your keyboard… :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yer first 45 can be break then poa, but remember daily rest must be taken together if your down the road.

dustylfc:
but remember daily rest must be taken together if your down the road.

very cozey… :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cruise Control:

dustylfc:
but remember daily rest must be taken together if your down the road.

very cozey… :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

becomes a sandwich if you stop out at hollies :blush: :blush: :laughing: