Tacho reader - Personal

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a suitable tacho reader for personal use. Don’t need any fancy analysis, just want to keep on top of my working hours (card in to card out) so I can check my wages are correct.
Rather not pay any subscription services either.

Thanks in advance…

Not intending to give a smart arse answer here mate but IMO as a HGV driver you should keep a daily diary if only to cover your arse. I do and I note daily driving time and daily working time when I park up. £2.99

I didnt think you could get one. I would be intrested in this as currently i am unable to download my card as i am doing adhoc agency work and the company that i have been placed with doesnt have one.

cooper1203:
I didnt think you could get one. I would be intrested in this as currently i am unable to download my card as i am doing adhoc agency work and the company that i have been placed with doesnt have one.

You gotta…

Be ■■■■■■■ kidding me?

Are you paid through .As stated above get a diary at least you will have a record of what you did.At the end of day i check my driving time

You can do a printout at the end of every shift and retain it, that’s a option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yourhavingalarf:

cooper1203:

You gotta…

Be [zb] kidding me?

My thoughts too…
I wonder if they have a Transport Manager or an O Licence?

the maoster:
Not intending to give a smart arse answer here mate but IMO as a HGV driver you should keep a daily diary if only to cover your arse. I do and I note daily driving time and daily working time when I park up. £2.99

I know, I’ve done diaries and manual inputs into a phone app in the past. I’m just trying to save myself an extra process at the end of the day. I’ve loads of apps, tablets and paperwork to deal with at the end of every shift already.

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a suitable tacho reader for personal use. Don’t need any fancy analysis, just want to keep on top of my working hours (card in to card out) so I can check my wages are correct.

Thanks in advance…

digifob 3 instant digital tachograph driver card reader £65.00
or
Digital Tacho Card Reader £15 - £20 using (Tachomaster) £4.50 monthly

Franglais:

yourhavingalarf:

cooper1203:

You gotta…

Be [zb] kidding me?

My thoughts too…
I wonder if they have a Transport Manager or an O Licence?

I know mate…

coop (bless his little heart) is better than a pack of bloodhounds at sniffing out shonky outfits to work for. We could scrap VOSA (or what ever they’re called this month) and just send coop out on his next assignment.

all need is a diary. write down time start time finish.
how many hours driven in a shift.

all this information will help.
surely though if you bought a card reader and downloaded the information yourself. then would work also be able to download it as well? doesnt it get deleted from your card once downloaded?

or why dont you just ask work for a printout when its downloaded

Y

edd1974:
doesnt it get deleted from your card once downloaded?

it doesn`t delete when you download it, the chip is designed to hold a minimum of 28 days of information before it overwrites, but in reality it could be a years worth of continuous driving before it overwrites

You can buy 2nd hand Omnikey 3121 card readers on evilbay for £5-£10.
ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from … &_osacat=0
But to track payroll I started using a basic blank spreadsheet in my computers office suite and formatted it so it calculates the gross pay when I input the start/finish times and/or the total hours. It then deducts the break, shows me paid hours, and the gross amount earned that day. Then in another column it shows me the gross total hours and income for the week. Any school kid could set one up for you in 5-10mins
If I can be bothered to add another column I could get it to show gross income tax year to date, and WTD hours for the current period.
But since the agency have this info online all I`m doing is cross checking the figures to avoid payroll errors, which bizarrely tend to be rounding up errors when it calculates 0.4p or 0.6p so it either ends up +/- 5p for the week.

yourhavingalarf:

cooper1203:

You gotta…

Be [zb] kidding me?

sorry if its a silly question

peirre:
Y

edd1974:
doesnt it get deleted from your card once downloaded?

it doesn`t delete when you download it, the chip is designed to hold a minimum of 28 days of information before it overwrites, but in reality it could be a years worth of continuous driving before it overwrites

You can buy 2nd hand Omnikey 3121 card readers on evilbay for £5-£10.
ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from … &_osacat=0
But to track payroll I started using a basic blank spreadsheet in my computers office suite and formatted it so it calculates the gross pay when I input the start/finish times and/or the total hours. It then deducts the break, shows me paid hours, and the gross amount earned that day. Then in another column it shows me the gross total hours and income for the week. Any school kid could set one up for you in 5-10mins
If I can be bothered to add another column I could get it to show gross income tax year to date, and WTD hours for the current period.
But since the agency have this info online all I`m doing is cross checking the figures to avoid payroll errors, which bizarrely tend to be rounding up errors when it calculates 0.4p or 0.6p so it either ends up +/- 5p for the week.

My Missus has done exactly this for me in excel, she works with it every day so knows it inside out. Puts in start and finish times and it works out my standard, late premium, night premium and overtime premium. Also does 12 week rolling average for holiday. Graphs to show month on month etc. TBF she’s never more than a couple of pence out on a month and that is as you say the rounding up thing.

Makes it so much easier if there is a pay query, I can show a print out of her spreadsheet that shows the total breakdown and pinpoint exactly where the error is so they dont even bother quibbling it. That along with my diary confirms it. So many of our guys get their payslip, know something is wrong but cant prove where it is wrong.

edd1974:
surely though if you bought a card reader and downloaded the information yourself. then would work also be able to download it as well? doesnt it get deleted from your card once downloaded?

Dear oh dear, if information was deleted from the card at download,
every tang or owner driver would have a card reader hanging from their dream catcher.

Yet again you have shown that your grasp of the rules is almost non existent.
Still thinking of becoming an owner driver?

cooper1203:
sorry if its a silly question

No mate…

It’s not a silly question. I’m just surprised that a transport company has no method of downloading it’s drivers hours. As well as your uncanny ability to get into more jams than Scooby Doo. :smiley:

Fozzer:
Hi,

Thanks in advance…

sourceforge.net/projects/readesm/

This is old but still works fine for reading tacho files and it free, all you need is a card reader for £10 or£15 to download your card

A transport company without a card reader is like a pub without a glass washer.

Fozzer:
Hi,

Thanks in advance…

I got mine from Tachomaster. I subscribe to them and download from time to time.

cooper1203:

What did you say the company’s name was!!!