tacho question

Hi all,
If ive taken the tacho out thinking ive finished my days work, can i put it back in to do more work say 1 to 3 hours after ive pulled it,
also not filled in my end mileage , date on tacho & truck not moved
Thanks

I would write ‘opened in error’ on the back and carry on using it.

Use another disc as long as your hours are ok ,explain in the comments box on back of disc,ive never had to do it before and its a long time since i used analogues ,i think thats right , :unamused:

seth 70:
Use another disc as long as your hours are ok ,explain in the comments box on back of disc,ive never had to do it before and its a long time since i used analogues ,i think thats right , :unamused:

Sorry thats wrong,fill the back of the disc in like its your second unit in a shift :laughing:

Manual entry on manual entry section on reverse of 2nd tacho to cover other work between pulling 1st tacho out and inserting 2nd tacho then a very brief explanation note.

Make a manual entry to cover the time the chart was out if the head unit, put the chart back in and carry on then finish the chart off with end place, mileage and date at the end of your shift.

As others have said. Complete the milage from before removing your disc, manual entry on the back of chart and enter details of vehicle and mileage again on back of chart as if vehicle No2.

This is perfectly acceptable as you may work for a firm that has shunters and needs to move your vehicle for loading/unloading during your break.

thanks for the replies
yesterday afternoon i took it out at 4pm got a call at 5pm to do another job still had 8hrs driving left on card
happens all the time and im turning down work because of this