Tacho question

I finished today at 18:40 but forgot to switch the tacho to break. I’ve just gone over to the yard and switched it to break at 22:40. Will I have to wait till 07:40 tomorrow morning till I can drive again? The tacho was on other work till I switched it to break.

This may sound a silly question but I’m still trying to get to grips with tacho hours.

You would have been better leaving it alone and doing a print out .
Prob being is you have returned to work.

Rob_efc:
I finished today at 18:40 but forgot to switch the tacho to break. I’ve just gone over to the yard and switched it to break at 22:40. Will I have to wait till 07:40 tomorrow morning till I can drive again? The tacho was on other work till I switched it to break.

This may sound a silly question but I’m still trying to get to grips with tacho hours.

Hi Rob,

Two questions please…

Q1
Do you mean ‘break’ or ‘rest’?
(They are different)

Q2
Digital or analogue?

Your question can be answered quite easily by somebody once you’ve given that little bit more info asked above. :smiley:

Hi Dave.

I forgot to switch it onto bed on the tacho. It’s a digi tacho I have.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Rob

I assume you did not select the country when doing the end of duty stuff either ?

I also assume you left the card in ?

Your correct on both rog.

Rob_efc:
Your correct on both rog.

Thought that might be the case

Its a one off human error so no great harm done

With hindsight you could have simply left it be and done a manual entry to cover that error as others have said so if it should ever happen again or you make another human error you will know what to do :smiley:

When doing a printout manual entry always do 2 so you can keep one

Rob_efc:

Well it’s too late now, but you should have waited until 07:40 before starting work this morning, you went back to work and booked off at 22:40 so that’s when your daily rest started.

It would take a very lenient VOSA bod to accept that you never interrupted your daily rest period by going back to work at 22:40, as has been said you would have been better off leaving the tachograph on other work for the night rather than going back to work and changing it.

Your best option would be to write an explanation that someone else removed the card for you when you realised what you’d done, that’s if there’s anyone who could have ejected the card for you, writing that you went back to work is an admission that you was working at 22:40.