Tacho question.

eezeer:

tachograph:
You’re sat in a canteen recuperating which is break, even though it won’t count as a driving/wtd break it also will not count towards your working time so it must be break because it doesn’t meet the criteria to be anything else.

I’ve no idea whether or not you was told on a DCPC course that anything less than 15 minutes is not break but if you was then you was misinformed :wink:

i understand what you say but what is the point of 5 or 10 minutes break if it doesnt count for driving/wtd :unamused: at the end of day 55 minutes minutes break will only be accepted as 45

This discussion started because you said that only breaks of 15 or 30 minutes are breaks, but if you put the tachograph on break for 10 minutes you’ve still had a 10 minute break,true it won’t count for anything but it’s still break and will reduce your working time.

Anyway on a slightly different route a 20 minute break and a 25 minute break would count as a 45 minute wtd break that’s required if your working time is over 9 hours, so it’s not only 15 and 30 minute breaks that count :wink:

i understand everything that you have said and got into argument with dcpc trainer re 6 hr rule :unamused: :cry: point im saying relates mainlt to driving.!!! ive had a drink now and lost it. start at 9.00 so not worried. bed :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, I would prefer to forget to put tacho on other work, rather than break.
Only ever been warned once by VOSA, for to much driving, never for to much break or to little work.

bald bloke:

weeto:

eezeer:
VOSA dont like breaks flashing up for 5 and 10 minits. Just make habit of putting on rest before end country :unamused:

Why wouldn’t they like something that’s perfectly legal?

Because they’re not proper breaks and vosa will know this.

Don’t see it as any of VOSA’s business, if I’ve done legal amount of driving and breaks.

weeto:
Don’t see it as any of VOSA’s business, if I’ve done legal amount of driving and breaks.

ha. think its exactly there bisiness

limeyphil:
No. You’re still within your 13 hours due to making a written record.
If you only do UK work, Then there’s no need to put the start and end country every day.

Hmmmm … page 36 of the GV262-03

When driving a vehicle that is equipped with a digital tachograph, drivers should:
record the country in which they begin and end their daily work period. This must always be carried
out at the time of the start or end of the period, even if the card is not to be withdrawn or inserted
(for example if the card is left in overnight);

eezeer:

weeto:

ha. think its exactly there bisiness

So, they do people for not breaking the law these days do they, don’t talk ■■■■■

shep532:

limeyphil:
No. You’re still within your 13 hours due to making a written record.
If you only do UK work, Then there’s no need to put the start and end country every day.

Hmmmm … page 36 of the GV262-03

When driving a vehicle that is equipped with a digital tachograph, drivers should:
record the country in which they begin and end their daily work period. This must always be carried
out at the time of the start or end of the period, even if the card is not to be withdrawn or inserted
(for example if the card is left in overnight);

That looks like one of VOSA’s bull ■■■■ laws for an offence that doesn’t exist!!

I stopped for a wee and to get my McDonalds healthy breakfast yesterday. I was on break on the tacho mode for 5 mins. It doesn’t count as an official break as you know, it’s 15 minutes minimum. It’s not other work and it’s not a period of availablity. I’m having 5 minutes to myself. It’s a break, just not a break that you count as an official break.

YOOOHOOOO

read the OP again I think you’ll find he didn’t mean break if you read it I’m sure he means REST so forget all this 15 mins and 30 mins he’s on about his 11 and 9 hr rest periods :unamused:

nick2008:
YOOOHOOOO

read the OP again I think you’ll find he didn’t mean break if you read it I’m sure he means REST so forget all this 15 mins and 30 mins he’s on about his 11 and 9 hr rest periods :unamused:

The OP was talking about the daily rest but the discussion moved on to breaks as a result of some of the replies that was posted :wink:

All eezeer’s fault!!

tachograph:

nick2008:
YOOOHOOOO

The OP was talking about the daily rest but the discussion moved on to breaks as a result of some of the replies that was posted :wink:

went off topic then :unamused:

Ham roll anyone :grimacing: :grimacing:

Is it possible for me to change the default setting on a tacho. I drive a 60 plate MAN, with which I have no issue, but we also have a few 12 plate DAFs with newer tachos. If I’m taking a break, and have the ignition on, either to ring the office, or wind down the window, and decide I need to pop for a Jimmy, the minute I turn off the ignition, the DAF tacho will immediately revert back to other work. Bit of a pain in the backside if I’m 40 minutes into a 45 break. Only happened a couple of times, but still got stung. Doesn’t happen on any of the other trucks.

PaulNowak:
Is it possible for me to change the default setting on a tacho. I drive a 60 plate MAN, with which I have no issue, but we also have a few 12 plate DAFs with newer tachos. If I’m taking a break, and have the ignition on, either to ring the office, or wind down the window, and decide I need to pop for a Jimmy, the minute I turn off the ignition, the DAF tacho will immediately revert back to other work. Bit of a pain in the backside if I’m 40 minutes into a 45 break. Only happened a couple of times, but still got stung. Doesn’t happen on any of the other trucks.

think it has to be done at a tacho centre

PaulNowak:

That has to be a fault and a grievous one at that IMO. Even changing it back to rest would be construed as work but then again it would’ve been recorded as such.

PaulNowak:

When you switch off the ignition you’ll notice that the mode symbol is flashing, if you change the mode to break/rest before the symbol stops flashing you should be OK.

If you want it changed so it defaults to rest when the ignition is switched off it has to be done at a tachograph centre, I seem to remember someone saying it cost them £80 but I think that was a year or two ago now.

tachograph:

PaulNowak:

When you switch off the ignition you’ll notice that the mode symbol is flashing, if you change the mode to break/rest before the symbol stops flashing you should be OK.

If you want it changed so it defaults to rest when the ignition is switched off it has to be done at a tachograph centre, I seem to remember someone saying it cost them £80 but I think that was a year or two ago now.

Cheers for that bud, I’ll give it a whirl next time I’m out in one.

weeto:
All eezeer’s fault!!

:smiley: :smiley: I just posted woffle like most on here

tachograph:

PaulNowak:

Bit daft that it just changes mode if the ignition goes off. Engine never got started, ■■■■ thing never moved.

In fact the first time I found out, was because the phone wasn’t live without the ignition. Wouldn’t happen in my MAN, I tell you! It maybe scabby, it may be basic, but it goes back to the garage far less than any DAF, and I trust the brakes!