tacho question

hi guys,
2 questions really when it comes to reduced weekly rest does the time repaid on the third following week have to be in one block or can it be split over the three following weeks? Also ive worked 10hrs today and driven 7 so how much owed time do i have?

Also in contrast i havent had a full working week i took a holiday day monday i had bank holiday friday off so can i use those two days as my weekly rest therefore no need to repay time back

Thanks in advance

jimmypk:
hi guys,
2 questions really when it comes to reduced weekly rest does the time repaid on the third following week have to be in one block or can it be split over the three following weeks? Also ive worked 10hrs today and driven 7 so how much owed time do i have?

Also in contrast i havent had a full working week i took a holiday day monday i had bank holiday friday off so can i use those two days as my weekly rest therefore no need to repay time back

Thanks in advance

‘owed time’ must be repaid BEFORE THE END OF THE 3rd week FOLLOWING, ie, you reduce week 1, it’d be end of week 4 that you must have compensated by.
It doesn’t have to be all in 1 go and can be done on the end of any 9hr rest period as well as weekly 45hr rest period.

How we supposed to know how much owed time you have off that info?

A working week starts at the end of a weekly rest period, and finishes when another weekly rest starts. Did you work the weekend of the 2 day holiday? Hard to say what you need but to be honest you should know yourself without asking :open_mouth:

The weekly rest owed must be paid back in ONE block but can be added to a weekly or Daily rest period.

If you had a reduced weekly this week, you have a full nextweek, can reduce in week 3 again but must
pay back week 1 on week 4’s weekly rest, so reduced week 3 is paid back at week 6 and so on.

Here is the rule.

A regular weekly rest period is a period of at least 45 consecutive hours. A reduced weekly rest period must be a minimum of 24 consecutive hours. If you take a reduced rest, then you must compensate for the reduction with an equal period of rest. This should be taken in one block by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduction is taken. The compensating rest must be attached to a period of rest of at least nine hours - ie either a weekly or daily rest period.

Regards,
Nick.

jimmypk:
hi guys,
2 questions really when it comes to reduced weekly rest does the time repaid on the third following week have to be in one block or can it be split over the three following weeks?

One block attached to any rest period of at least 9 hours.

jimmypk:
Also ive worked 10hrs today and driven 7 so how much owed time do i have?

None

jimmypk:

Not enough info to answer. What did you do on the days prior to your holiday on Monday? How much time was there between finishing Thursday and starting today? What time did you finish today and what will you be doing tomorrow and Monday?

Also you cannot take to separate days and count them together as a full weekly rest, weekly rest is a continuous period.

waynedl:
‘owed time’ must be repaid BEFORE THE END OF THE 3rd week FOLLOWING, ie, you reduce week 1, it’d be end of week 4 that you must have compensated by.
It doesn’t have to be all in 1 go and can be done on the end of any 9hr rest period as well as weekly 45hr rest period.

err, yes it does have to be done in one go. yes you can add it to and rest period of at least 9 hours, so a reduced or full daily rest or a reduced or full weekly rest but whichever you add it to it must be in one block.

For the Euro drivers it is En bloc

jimmypk:
hi guys,

Thanks in advance

Dont worry about any of that, couple of hours off is plenty.