tacho question

just a quick question i have a chance of a job driving vaccum tankers with drainage clearence equipment on it is it expemt from tachos or not? :smiley:

I would think that the following exemption from EU regulations would apply assuming that you will be clearing existing drainage.

Vehicles used in connection with sewerage, flood protection, water, gas and electricity maintenance services, road maintenance or control, door-to-door household refuse collection or disposal, telegraph or telephone services, radio or television broadcasting and the detection of radio or television transmitters or receivers.

tachograph:
I would think that the following exemption from EU regulations would apply assuming that you will be clearing existing drainage.

Vehicles used in connection with sewerage, flood protection, water, gas and electricity maintenance services, road maintenance or control, door-to-door household refuse collection or disposal, telegraph or telephone services, radio or television broadcasting and the detection of radio or television transmitters or receivers.

there would still be under Domestic regs IMHO

tachograph:

VOSA notes that go with the above -

There have been a number of significant court rulings from the European Court of Justice and British courts dealing with this exemption. Common themes have included a direct and close involvement in the exempt activity;
the principle of a general service in the public interest;
and the limited and secondary nature of the transport activity.
It is our view that vehicles used in connection with sewerage, flood protection, water, gas and electricity services must be involved in the maintenance of an existing service (rather than the construction of a new service) to claim the concession.
The types of refuse collection and disposal operations likely to be exempt are: the door-to-door collection of black bin bags, green waste, newspapers or glass from households; the collection of sofas and household appliances from households within a local area; and the clearing of a home following a bereavement, provided refuse collection and disposal is the core purpose.

thks 4 your answers guys :laughing: