Tacho question

Hi y’all, just finished my first ever week as a class 2 driver and I’m loving the driving part (the handball part can go and have ■■■■■■■■■■■ with itself, however I see this as “paying my dues”)

Am I supposed to do a printout of my tacho after every drive or is just using it fine? It’s a digi one and I have to upload my tacho into a card machine at work every day during my debrief, I did ask my trainer but I’m not convinced he’s the best source to ask

There is no requirement to produce a printout every day.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If on agency then its best to get it downloaded by the vehicle owner at the end of every shift

If for regular employer then at least every 28 days

Thanks for the replies, for some reason I thought you needed printouts in case vosa wanted them, but that makes no sense because they are stored digitally, so much stuff to take in as a noob

sedinsbeard:
Thanks for the replies, for some reason I thought you needed printouts in case vosa wanted them, but that makes no sense because they are stored digitally, so much stuff to take in as a noob

DVSA inspectors will have their own equipment to download info from your card - or of course they (or a police officer) may request you to use some of that printer paper (you know - the spare rolls that you always carry in the vehicle) at the roadside to produce a printout on demand.

The only time you’re legally required to do printouts is if for any reason you veer from the regulations, for instance if you get unavoidably held up and have to go over your driving time to get to a suitable parking place, or if your card is faulty lost or stolen.

The company you drive for are downloading your card and that’s all that’s legally required.

good to know I’m not doing anything wrong, yet :smiley:

sedinsbeard:
good to know I’m not doing anything wrong, yet :smiley:

I dont want to disillusion you but on a philosophical note: "How do you know you are doing nothing wrong"? [en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_are_known_knowns](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_are_known_knowns) Donald Rumsfeld actually getting something right, although his actual speech sounded somewhat hesitant and vague from memory, he was on the button this time. :smiley: Dont worry, just keep an open mind, about everything!

The man has a way with words [emoji23]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

IronEddie:
The man has a way with words [emoji23]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Rumsfeld is/was like a stopped clock. . .pretty useless, but absolutely correct twice a day!