tacho question

/Hi,
I started my first driving job and have a question about breaks on tacho.
I took 15 min break (WTD rules). Later on I needed to take another 15 min (WTD rule again) - and I didn’t have to reset my driving time. After takin 2x15min my tacho said that I took just 15 min. Not 30…
How does it work? Tacho displays breaks required to reset driving time?
Because despite seeing just 15 min break on display I had 2 x 15 on the printout. Is this correct?

Thanks

Luke81:
/Hi,
I started my first driving job and have a question about breaks on tacho.
I took 15 min break (WTD rules). Later on I needed to take another 15 min (WTD rule again) - and I didn’t have to reset my driving time. After takin 2x15min my tacho said that I took just 15 min. Not 30…
How does it work? Tacho displays breaks required to reset driving time?
Because despite seeing just 15 min break on display I had 2 x 15 on the printout. Is this correct?

Thanks

The newer digital tachographs only count valid driving breaks, a 45 minute driving break can be taken in 2 parts the first of which has to be at-least 15 minutes, the second part of a split driving break has to be at-least 30 minutes, and they have to be taken in that order.

The digital tachograph never counted the second 15 minute break because it wasn’t a valid driving break as the second part of a split driving break has to be at-least 30 minutes.

The tachograph displays driving breaks so what you saw on the tachograph display and the printout was correct.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I have a question too if dont mind. I finished my shift at 17.40 last night and ejected card but forgot to pull it out! :confused: So when i started work this morning at 7.45 my card was already in and for some reason I couldnt figure out how to do manual entry even while watching youtube video it was giving different steps. Anyway ive finished shift and downloaded my card for the week and says insufficient break at 22.40 last night! Done a printout for today but of course it was last night. So can I just do a printout for 22nd when I start back in January and write on back the start and end of my shift and reason why card was left in■■?

ValleysTrucker:
I have a question too if dont mind. I finished my shift at 17.40 last night and ejected card but forgot to pull it out! :confused: So when i started work this morning at 7.45 my card was already in and for some reason I couldnt figure out how to do manual entry even while watching youtube video it was giving different steps. Anyway ive finished shift and downloaded my card for the week and says insufficient break at 22.40 last night! Done a printout for today but of course it was last night. So can I just do a printout for 22nd when I start back in January and write on back the start and end of my shift and reason why card was left in■■?

If you ejected your driver card and left it in the slot that’s where it should have been this morning, so are you saying someone used your card in the night ?

To answer your question, yes you can do a printout for yesterday, when you return to work and have your card in the tachograph go to the printout menu and scroll the date back to the 22nd for the printout, exactly how you do it will depend on the make of tachograph.

tachograph:

ValleysTrucker:

If you ejected your driver card and left it in the slot that’s where it should have been this morning, so are you saying someone used your card in the night ?

To answer your question, yes you can do a printout for yesterday, when you return to work and have your card in the tachograph go to the printout menu and scroll the date back to the 22nd for the printout, exactly how you do it will depend on the make of tachograph.

does the card not get eaten if not pulled out if you eject■■? this is what happens in a bank machine… dont get me wrong these are completely different machines though

Ergot2005:
does the card not get eaten if not pulled out if you eject■■? this is what happens in a bank machine… dont get me wrong these are completely different machines though

It shouldn’t, I’ve never done it myself but I’ve seen plenty of people leave their cards sticking out of the tachograph slot.

Having said that if it’s a Stoneridge tachograph with the card draw I’ve no idea what happens if you don’t take the card out.

tachograph:

Ergot2005:

It shouldn’t, I’ve never done it myself but I’ve seen plenty of people leave their cards sticking out of the tachograph slot.

Having said that if it’s a Stoneridge tachograph with the card draw I’ve no idea what happens if you don’t take the card out.

Nope card on VDO doesn’t get re’eaten I use to just leave mine sticking out of slot quite a lot , but it’s easy to knock and cause card to reinsert

blue estate:

tachograph:

Ergot2005:

Nope card on VDO doesn’t get re’eaten I use to just leave mine sticking out of slot quite a lot , but it’s easy to knock and cause card to reinsert

Yep i remember ejecting it . What it was I parked it up in maintenance garage and so many things in my head I left it in. Someome obviously knocked it back in.

If you driver a truck with a stone ridge Tacho , when you eject it just pull it a little out of drawer so drawer can’t be shut :wink: